message on all user discussion pages

nevio carlos de alarcão
Dear,

is there any extension to do that job os is a bot matter?

Any comments will be appreciated.

Regards, Nevio

--
{+}Nevinho
Venha para o Movimento Colaborativo http://sextapoetica.com.br !!

Re: message on all user discussion pages

Angela-5
> is there any extension to do that job os is a bot matter?

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SiteWideMessages leaves a
dismissible message on the talk page of all users, or you can leave a
message only for certain groups of users such as admins.

Angela

Re: message on all user discussion pages

nevio carlos de alarcão

> > is there any extension to do that job os is a bot matter?
>
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SiteWideMessages leaves a
> dismissible message on the talk page of all users, or you can leave a
> message only for certain groups of users such as admins.

 https://svn.wikia-code.com/wikia/trunk/extensions/wikia/SiteWideMessages/

<https://svn.wikia-code.com/wikia/trunk/extensions/wikia/SiteWideMessages/>

Angela, thank you very much. Has it been used on wikia sites? Do you know
how can I download all those files? I mean... Have I to create first a
subdirectory (../SiteWideMessages) in my extension directory and then save
all files in it and in Localsettings add require_once etc,?

Thanks for your attention
Nevio

2009/12/25 Angela <[hidden email]>

> > is there any extension to do that job os is a bot matter?
>
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SiteWideMessages leaves a
> dismissible message on the talk page of all users, or you can leave a
> message only for certain groups of users such as admins.
>
> Angela

{+}Nevinho
Venha para o Movimento Colaborativo http://sextapoetica.com.br !!

Re: message on all user discussion pages

Łukasz Garczewski-4
On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 12:27 AM, nevio carlos de alarcão
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> > is there any extension to do that job os is a bot matter?
>>
>> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SiteWideMessages leaves a
>> dismissible message on the talk page of all users, or you can leave a
>> message only for certain groups of users such as admins.
>>
>  https://svn.wikia-code.com/wikia/trunk/extensions/wikia/SiteWideMessages/
>
> <https://svn.wikia-code.com/wikia/trunk/extensions/wikia/SiteWideMessages/>
>
> Angela, thank you very much. Has it been used on wikia sites?

Yes, it's used every once in a while to notify our users of new
product releases, contests and the like.

> Do you know
> how can I download all those files? I mean... Have I to create first a
> subdirectory (../SiteWideMessages) in my extension directory and then save
> all files in it and in Localsettings add require_once etc,?

Yes, that's exactly the way to enable it.

Please note that you also need to add two new tables to your wiki's
database. The table definitions are in schema.sql.

Good luck fiddling with it, if you have any problems -- let us know.

--
Lucas 'TOR' Garczewski
Wikia Tech Team