michael bess - wikipedia for historians

Liam Wyatt
All,
I've come across this great little podcast episode from Vanderbilt university in the US.
It is a presentation by Michael Bess, history professor, about how he uses wikipedia in his classes to analyse the archive of talkpages for contentious articles (he uses the example of [[talk:Debate over the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki]] ) to get his students to understand what methodological/epistemological issues arise in historianship.

What he says is probably not news to us, but it is nice to be hearing that wikipedia is being put to this kind of usage by such an eminent academic.

http://blogs.vanderbilt.edu/cftpodcast/?p=4

p.s. sorry if this is 'old news', I just found out by a link that was put in the comments to the interview I did for "Digital Campus" from wikimania
http://digitalcampus.tv/2008/07/21/episode-30-live-from-egypt/

Best,
-Liam

www.wikipediaweekly.com