move: unknown_action: Unrecognised value for parameter 'action'

move: unknown_action: Unrecognised value for parameter 'action'

Daniel Barrett-3
I’m using the MediaWiki API for the first time, with MediaWiki 1.12.0 and 1.13 alpha.  When I perform a “move” or “delete” like this:

using the “move token” I received from:

I always get the result for the first URL (action=move):

unknown_action: Unrecognised value for parameter 'action'

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
DanB

Re: move: unknown_action: Unrecognised value for parameter 'action'

Roan Kattouw
Daniel Barrett schreef:
> I’m using the MediaWiki API for the first time, with MediaWiki 1.12.0
> and 1.13 alpha. When I perform a “move” or “delete” like this:
> _http://__mywiki__/w/api.php?action=move&from=newpage&to=newpage2&reason=Testing+it%21&token=99835fa819f666114054d7b6210a1bc5%2B%5C_
> <http://mywiki/w/api.php?action=move&from=newpage&to=newpage2&reason=Testing+it%21&token=99835fa819f666114054d7b6210a1bc5%2B%5C>
> using the “move token” I received from:
> _http://__mywiki__/w/api.php?action=query&prop=info&intoken=move&titles=newpage&format=xml_
> <http://mywiki/w/api.php?action=query&prop=info&intoken=move&titles=newpage&format=xml>
> I always get the result for the first URL (action=move):
> unknown_action: Unrecognised value for parameter 'action'
That's because you have to explicitly enable $wgEnableWriteAPI = true;
in LocalSettings.php, or action=move doesn't exist (see also
api.php?action=help , where action=move doesn't show up).

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)

Re: move: unknown_action: Unrecognised value for parameter 'action'

Daniel Barrett-3
I have already enabled $wgEnableWriteAPI = true, but the error still occurs.  Any other ideas?

DanB

Daniel Barrett schreef:
> I have already enabled $wgEnableWriteAPI = true, but the error still occurs.  Any other ideas?

Check that your MediaWiki version is recent enough to *have*
action=move. In other words, check if includes/api/ApiMove.php is
present. If not, upgrade.

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)

Re: move: unknown_action: Unrecognised value for parameter 'action'

Daniel Barrett-3
Hmmm, I'm running the official 1.12.0 and ApiMove.php is indeed present. The docs at http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Edit_-_Move say that Move is available in 1.12. Are they wrong?

I just tried 1.13 alpha again, and the error is gone.  (I must have forgotten $wgEnableWriteAPI on that wiki last time.)

DanB