multiple instance template Vs Internet Explorer

multiple instance template Vs Internet Explorer

david-217
Hi;
Some users of a wiki that I admin report problems with multiple-instance
templates using Internet Explorer.
The browser hangs when they click to add the second instance with SF
button.

But I can't reproduce the problem.
Anybody knows about it? Is this a known problem?

David

Re: multiple instance template Vs Internet Explorer

Yaron Koren-2
Hi David,

I haven't heard of that happening, although I can't be surprised about
anything related to Internet Explorer... maybe they're using an old version
of IE? Also, is this a public wiki? If not, what are the versions of
MediaWiki and SF?

-Yaron

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 2:02 PM, david <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi;
> Some users of a wiki that I admin report problems with multiple-instance
> templates using Internet Explorer.
> The browser hangs when they click to add the second instance with SF
> button.
>
> But I can't reproduce the problem.
> Anybody knows about it? Is this a known problem?
>
> David

Re: multiple instance template Vs Internet Explorer

Joachim Bode-2
Hi David, hi Yaron,

we stumbled upon this, too.

In our case, forms load also slowly in IE in general with SF 2.2alpha as well as 2.3.2. A collegue (Thorben Wilde - thanks!) tracked it down to having something to do with the transparent layers of lytebox causing network traffic and using up performance. At least this seems to be something that slows loading forms using uploadable buttons. Do your multiple instance templates use uploadable?

Though partial forms do appear meanwhile in IE (don't know what happened), the question mark buttons (#info) do not work after you create a new instance. When you save the page and reopen them again, they do work. This happens no matter if you use uploadable or not. If you then add new instances, the buttons work only for the old ones.

I am not sure if or how these issues belong together but I hope they help to pinpoint the error.

Cheers,
Achim