no images

Helmut Hullen-3
Hallo,

when you take a look at "http://arktur.de/Wiki", you can't see any
picture.

I have installed the wiki some days ago, I have installed it in the
same manner as a test installation on my local server. And on my local
server, on some other servers I see the pictures.

You can see the environment variables of my hosted part per

        http://arktur.de/info.php

Where can I search for the image thief?

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut

Re: no images

Arthur Guy-2
Did you install it under /w/ or /wiki/

If you installed under /w/ like you should have:-
The images are being fetched from /wiki/ when they shouldn't be so there
is something wrong with your localsettings file and the directory
settings at the top.

Arthur
[hidden email]

Re: no images

Helmut Hullen-3
Hallo, Arthur,

Du meintest am 01.04.06 zum Thema RE: [Mediawiki-l] no images:

>> when you take a look at "http://arktur.de/Wiki", you can't see any
>> picture.

>> I have installed the wiki some days ago, I have installed it in the
>> same manner as a test installation on my local server. And on my
>> local server, on some other servers I see the pictures.

>> You can see the environment variables of my hosted part per

>>         http://arktur.de/info.php

>> Where can I search for the image thief?

> Did you install it under /w/ or /wiki/

        http://arktur.de/Wiki

There ist a directory with the name "Wiki" (no link or so).

And all the other operations (writing, viewing and so on) work with
this directory, with this path.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut

Re: no images

Tels
Moin helmut,

On Saturday 01 April 2006 09:21, Helmut Hullen wrote:

> Hallo, Arthur,
>
> Du meintest am 01.04.06 zum Thema RE: [Mediawiki-l] no images:
> >> when you take a look at "http://arktur.de/Wiki", you can't see any
> >> picture.
> >>
> >> I have installed the wiki some days ago, I have installed it in the
> >> same manner as a test installation on my local server. And on my
> >> local server, on some other servers I see the pictures.
> >>
> >> You can see the environment variables of my hosted part per
> >>
> >>         http://arktur.de/info.php
> >>
> >> Where can I search for the image thief?
> >
> > Did you install it under /w/ or /wiki/
>
>         http://arktur.de/Wiki
Your first mistake :D

See the source:

          <a style="background-image: url(/Wiki/skins/common/images/wiki.png);"
            href="/Wiki/index.php?title=Hauptseite"
            title="Hauptseite"></a>

you have /Wiki, but the images are loaded from /wiki.

Just making the directory lower-case should help. (I guess on the
testsystem you either had a lower-case "w", or a case-ignoring file
system like under windows).

best wishes,

tels

--
 Signed on Sat Apr  1 11:20:24 2006 with key 0x93B84C15.
 PGP key on http://bloodgate.com/tels.asc or per email.

 I'm a Sis-sis-sis-sis-sis-sis-sis-sinnahr...

Re: no images

Tels
Moin,

On Saturday 01 April 2006 11:21, Tels wrote:
> Moin helmut,
>
> On Saturday 01 April 2006 09:21, Helmut Hullen wrote:
> > Hallo, Arthur,
[snip]

> > > Did you install it under /w/ or /wiki/
> >
> >         http://arktur.de/Wiki
>
> Your first mistake :D
>
> See the source:

>  <a style="background-image:
> url(/Wiki/skins/common/images/wiki.png);"
> href="/Wiki/index.php?title=Hauptseite"
>    title="Hauptseite"></a>
>
> you have /Wiki, but the images are loaded from /wiki.
Er, no, it looks right. (I didn't have my coffee when I wrote that :-D

But the problem still might be the case of wiki vs Wiki.

Best wishes,

Tels

--
 Signed on Sat Apr  1 11:42:19 2006 with key 0x93B84C15.
 PGP key on http://bloodgate.com/tels.asc or per email.

 "The UAC is making safer worlds through superior firepower."

Re: no images

Helmut Hullen-3
Hallo, Tels,

Du meintest am 01.04.06 zum Thema Re: [Mediawiki-l] no images:

[...]

>>> Did you install it under /w/ or /wiki/
>>
>>         http://arktur.de/Wiki

> Your first mistake :D

> See the source:

>  <a style="background-image: url(/Wiki/skins/common/images/wiki.p
> ng);"    href="/Wiki/index.php?title=Hauptseite"
>    title="Hauptseite"></a>

> you have /Wiki, but the images are loaded from /wiki.

Now I have made a symlink from Wiki to wiki - no change.

> Just making the directory lower-case should help. (I guess on the
> testsystem you either had a lower-case "w", or a case-ignoring file
> system like under windows).

On my local installation, I see

        http://arktur/Wiki/index.php/Hauptseite

and I see pictures, p.e.
   http://arktur/Wiki/skins/common/images/poweredby_mediawiki_88x31.png

(you find this URL at the end of the page)

On the above mentioned server I see

        http://arktur.de/Wiki/index.php?title=Hauptseite

and no pictures;

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /Wiki/skins/common/images/
poweredby_mediawiki_88x31.png on this server.

The rights of the directories and files are the same as (p.e., resp.)
at "docs" and "index.php".

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut

Re: no images

wilinckx
On 01 Apr 2006 12:30:00 +0200
[hidden email] (Helmut Hullen) wrote:

> Hallo, Tels,
>
> Du meintest am 01.04.06 zum Thema Re: [Mediawiki-l] no images:

> [...]
> >>
> >>         http://arktur.de/Wiki
>
> > Your first mistake :D
>
> > See the source:

> >  <a style="background-image: url(/Wiki/skins/common/images/wiki.p
> > ng);"    href="/Wiki/index.php?title=Hauptseite"
> >    title="Hauptseite"></a>
>
> > you have /Wiki, but the images are loaded from /wiki.
>
> Now I have made a symlink from Wiki to wiki - no change.
>
> > Just making the directory lower-case should help. (I guess on the
> > testsystem you either had a lower-case "w", or a case-ignoring file
> > system like under windows).
>
> On my local installation, I see
>
>         http://arktur/Wiki/index.php/Hauptseite
>
> and I see pictures, p.e.
>    http://arktur/Wiki/skins/common/images/poweredby_mediawiki_88x31.png
>
> (you find this URL at the end of the page)
>
> On the above mentioned server I see
>
>         http://arktur.de/Wiki/index.php?title=Hauptseite
>
> and no pictures;
>
> Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access /Wiki/skins/common/images/
> poweredby_mediawiki_88x31.png on this server.
>

> The rights of the directories and files are the same as (p.e., resp.)
> at "docs" and "index.php".

I think the rights of the directory /Wiki/skins/, it's files and/or it's
sub-directories are wrong.  It looks like Apache does not have permission
to the files in /Wiki/skins/
Try chmod or post an ls -ld skins/ skins/monobook/ skins/monobook/main.css

 Wilinckx.

Re: no images

Helmut Hullen-3
Hallo, wilinckx,

Du meintest am 01.04.06 zum Thema Re: [Mediawiki-l] no images:

>>> you have /Wiki, but the images are loaded from /wiki.

>> Now I have made a symlink from Wiki to wiki - no change.

[...]

> I think the rights of the directory /Wiki/skins/, it's files and/or
> it's sub-directories are wrong.  It looks like Apache does not have
> permission to the files in /Wiki/skins/
> Try chmod or post an ls -ld skins/ skins/monobook/
> skins/monobook/main.css

drwxrwxrwx   13 abcde    vmusers      4096 Apr  1 12:17 Wiki
drwxr-x---    8 abcde    vmusers      4096 Apr  1 12:19 Wiki/skins
drwxr-x---    2 abcde    vmusers      4096 Apr  1 12:19 Wiki/skins/monobook
-rw-r-----    1 abcde    vmusers     21092 Apr  1 12:19 Wiki/skins/monobook/main.css

with changed username to abcde.
It seems to be driven as a virtual machine.

And the rights for "skins" are the same as for the other directories.

Strange ...

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut

Re: no images

Helmut Hullen-3
Hallo, Arthur,

Du meintest am 01.04.06 zum Thema RE: [Mediawiki-l] no images:

> Did you install it under /w/ or /wiki/

> If you installed under /w/ like you should have:-
> The images are being fetched from /wiki/ when they shouldn't be so
> there is something wrong with your localsettings file and the
> directory settings at the top.

I have now changed from wikimedia-1.5.7 to 1.6.1, and all images are
there.

Fine!

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut