(no subject)

Dave Sigafoos
*     MediaWiki <http://www.mediawiki.org/> : 1.10.0

*     PHP <http://www.php.net/> : 5.2.0-8+etch11 (apache2handler)

*     MySQL <http://www.mysql.com/> : 5.0.32-Debian_7etch6-log

I have modified localsettings to allow XLS files but for some reason I
continually get

'The file is corrupt or has an incorrect extension. Please check the
file and upload again.'

My current setting looks like

$wgFileExtensions =3D array( 'xls','txt', 'sql', 'png', 'gif',
'jpg','jpeg', 'doc', 'mp3', 'bmp');

They all appear to work correctly except for xls.

Not that I like the idea of having XLS in the database .. but users seem
to think it is something they need.  It will last for a short period of
time then I can lock it down and delete them.

TIA

DSig
David Tod Sigafoos | SANMAR Corporation

Re: Unable to upload XLS [was:(no subject)]

Christensen, Courtney
-----Original Message-----From: Dave Sigafoos
*     MediaWiki <http://www.mediawiki.org/> : 1.10.0
*     PHP <http://www.php.net/> : 5.2.0-8+etch11 (apache2handler)
*     MySQL <http://www.mysql.com/> : 5.0.32-Debian_7etch6-log

I have modified localsettings to allow XLS files but for some reason I
continually get
'The file is corrupt or has an incorrect extension. Please check the
file and upload again.'

Dave,

Are you using Office 2007?  I've heard there is something screwy with the mime-type from that.

Good luck!
-Courtney

Re: Unable to upload XLS [was:(no subject)]

Michael Daly-5
Christensen, Courtney wrote:

> Are you using Office 2007?  I've heard there is something screwy with the mime-type from that.

Or more generally, Dave, do you have the proper mime settings for XLS in
MW config?

Mike

> Are you using Office 2007?  I've heard there is something screwy with
the mime-type from that.

Or more generally, Dave, do you have the proper mime settings for XLS in

MW config?

Re: Unable to upload XLS [was:(no subject)]

George William Herbert
The file type is .xlsx rather than .xls, that might help...

-george

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 3:11 PM, Dave Sigafoos <[hidden email]>wrote:

> That is probably it.  How would it be set for 1.10?
>
> DSig
> David Tod Sigafoos | SANMAR Corporation

-george william herbert

Re: Unable to upload XLS [was:(no subject)]

Dave Sigafoos
Well xls works quite well.  The problem was the mime type was not set
correctly in the config file

Thanks

DSig
David Tod Sigafoos | SANMAR Corporation
PICK Guy
206-770-5585
[hidden email]

<[hidden email]>wrote:

> That is probably it.  How would it be set for 1.10?
>
> DSig
> David Tod Sigafoos | SANMAR Corporation

-george william herbert