offline users wish to add comments to pages via email

offline users wish to add comments to pages via email

jidanni
I am on a costly slow and brief modem, mostly batched by wwwoffle. So
it is hard for me to submit bugs and comments interactively.

Indeed there should be a page saying how 3rd world users could
interact best with your site, e.g., It would be nice if there was a
email way to add comments to discussion Talk: pages.

Also I would like to note that when one sees "Your account has been
created. Don't forget to change your Wikipedia preferences.", the
"Wikipedia preferences" should be a link!

Re: offline users wish to add comments to pages via email

Alphax (Wikipedia email)
Dan Jacobson wrote:

> I am on a costly slow and brief modem, mostly batched by wwwoffle. So
> it is hard for me to submit bugs and comments interactively.
>
> Indeed there should be a page saying how 3rd world users could
> interact best with your site, e.g., It would be nice if there was a
> email way to add comments to discussion Talk: pages.
>
> Also I would like to note that when one sees "Your account has been
> created. Don't forget to change your Wikipedia preferences.", the
> "Wikipedia preferences" should be a link!
I'm all for this option; however, edit conflicts would be difficult to
avoid on heavily edited pages. User authentication is another obvious
problem; my preferred solution can be discerned from my .sig and the
attachments to this message.

Re: offline users wish to add comments to pages via email

Steve Bennett-4
> I'm all for this option; however, edit conflicts would be difficult to
> avoid on heavily edited pages. User authentication is another obvious
> problem; my preferred solution can be discerned from my .sig and the
> attachments to this message.

I think the suggestion is just for them to be able to send a comment
that would be stuck on the comments page - another user would then at
some stage integrate that into the page text. You see this happening
already sometimes, people drop by, say they don't know how to work
wikipedia, but ... is wrong with the following page.

Steve

Re: offline users wish to add comments to pages via email

Andrew Gray
On 10/01/06, Steve Bennett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > I'm all for this option; however, edit conflicts would be difficult to
> > avoid on heavily edited pages. User authentication is another obvious
> > problem; my preferred solution can be discerned from my .sig and the
> > attachments to this message.
>
> I think the suggestion is just for them to be able to send a comment
> that would be stuck on the comments page - another user would then at
> some stage integrate that into the page text. You see this happening
> already sometimes, people drop by, say they don't know how to work
> wikipedia, but ... is wrong with the following page.

Email form button? mailto:helpdesk-l, or something similar, presetting
the subject as "Comment on {{PAGENAME}}". We could then either correct
it, bin it, or leave a talk-page comment.

--
- Andrew Gray