open position(s) in digital sociology

Dariusz Jemielniak-3
Hi,

I'm not sure what the rules for posting such announcements at this list are, and historically I don't recall job posts sent (but CfPs, conference info etc - yes), so I apologize in advance if it is not suitable for the format.

However, I believe that it is likely relevant to research many of the recipients do.

Best,

Dj

Please, distribute and apologies also for cross posting.

______________
MINDS (Management in Networked and Digital Societies) department at Kozminski University, a leading research-driven business school in the heart of Europe, is seeking to fill one or more open rank positions in digital sociology.

The research areas of particular interest for the candidates include:
-        Social Network Analysis (SNA),
-        Large dataset analyses on primary data (self collected/scraped),
-        Other quantitative studies of online communities,
-        Qualitaitve studies of online communities and digital humanities,
-         Science and Technology Studies (STS) related to the Internet.

We do not restrict the background of candidates to a particular field, as we believe that good research can be inspired and developed from different angles. However, we understand that the position may appeal particularly to people doing research in digital sociology, management, management science, data science, econometrics, computer science, information science, or digital humanities. If you are fluent in Python, R, Klingon, or Quenya, feel free to mention it on your cv.

MINDS Department is a highly informal, relatively young team of researchers. We follow participative decision-making principles and, if invited for an interview, you can expect being interviewed and evaluated by all members of the team, irrespective of the rank you are applying for.

We put great emphasis on internationalization and high academic standards. Over the last five years, MINDS Department faculty have gone on one-year research stays to Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cornell University, University of California Berkeley, or New York University, among others. We regularly publish in JCR-listed journals and publish books in the leading academic presses (e.g. Stanford University Press, MIT Press, Oxford University Press, Palgrave, Edward Elgar, Ashgate, Routledge).

Some of us are social movements activists, some are involved in the start-up culture (mentoring, seed funds, developing own businesses, etc.), and we generally value bringing a diverse experience to the table.

We believe that research should be stellar solid and of high quality, but that it also should be fun. We offer flexibility, a lot of independence, and a friendly working culture.

The deadline for sending your application is June, 1.

More details: bit.ly/digital-sociology<http://bit.ly/digital-sociology>

Feel free to contact me about the position as well.

[http://crow.kozminski.edu.pl/minds.jpg]<http://nerds.kozminski.edu.pl/>

Dariusz Jemielniak, Ph.D.
Professor of Management
Chair of MINDS (Management in Networked and Digital Societies) Department
Kozminski University
 http://nerds.kozminski.edu.pl <http://nerds.kozminski.edu.pl/>

Recent articles:

  *   Dariusz Jemielniak, Gwinyai Masukume, Maciej Wilamowski (2019) The Most Influential Medical Journals According to Wikipedia: Quantitative Analysis<https://www.jmir.org/2019/1/e11429/pdf>
 , Journal of Medical Internet Research, 21 (1), pp. e11429
  *   Dariusz Jemielniak, Aleksandra Przegalinska, Agata Stasik (2018)  Anecdotal evidence: understanding organizational reality through organizational humorous tales<http://nerds.kozminski.edu.pl/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/HUMOR-Anecdotal-evidence-understanding-organizational-reality-through-organizational-humorous-tales.pdf>
 HUMOR: International Journal of Humor Research 31:  3.  539–561.
  *   Dariusz Jemielniak, Maciej Wilamowski (2017)  Cultural Diversity of Quality of Information on Wikipedias<http://crow.kozminski.edu.pl/papers/cultures%20of%20wikipedias.pdf>
  Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology 68:  10.  2460–2470.
  *   Dariusz Jemielniak (2016)  Wikimedia Movement Governance: The Limits of A-Hierarchical Organization<http://www.crow.kozminski.edu.pl/papers/wikimedia_governance.pdf>
  Journal of Organizational Change Management 29:  3.  361-378.
  *   Dariusz Jemielniak, Eduard Aibar (2016)  Bridging the Gap Between Wikipedia and Academia<http://www.crow.kozminski.edu.pl/papers/bridging.pdf>
  Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology 67:  7.  1773-1776.
  *   Dariusz Jemielniak (2016)  Breaking the Glass Ceiling on Wikipedia<http://www.crow.kozminski.edu.pl/papers/glass-ceiling.pdf>
  Feminist Review 113:  1.  103-108.
  *   Tadeusz Chełkowski, Peter Gloor, Dariusz Jemielniak (2016)  Inequalities in Open Source Software Development: Analysis of Contributor’s Commits in Apache Software Foundation Projects<http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article/asset?id=10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0152976.PDF>
 , PLoS ONE 11:  4.  e0152976.

Re: open position(s) in digital sociology

Jonathan Morgan
FWIW I personally think these kinds of posts are totally relevant and
useful. So as long as we don't get too many complaints, I plan to make them
as well!

- J

Jonathan T. Morgan
Senior Design Researcher