osm-db

Nakor Wikipedia
   Hello,

I was looking on how to connect to the osm-db and if there is phpMyAdmin access to it? I browsed thru the toolserver and OSM wikis but did not find much.

  Thanks in advance,

N.

Re: osm-db

River Tarnell-5

Re: osm-db

Nakor Wikipedia

since the OSM database is in PostgreSQL, it's very unlikely it will ever
be accessible from phpMyAdmin.  apart from that, i'm fairly sure it
hasn't been set up for user access yet.

       - river.

OK. Thanks.

Re: osm-db

Peter Körner-4
> I was looking on how to connect to the osm-db and if there is phpMyAdmin
> access to it? I browsed thru the toolserver and OSM wikis but did not
> find much.

If you got an account on cassini you can connect to the local PostGIS-Db
with username gis and no password to the database named gis on localhost
via postgresql functions e.g. from php or with psql from the command line.

This information is public available on cassini at the end of
/sql/mapnik-stylesheets/osm-like/osm-de.xml, so that i hopefully don't
disclose a secret here.

This DB is only transitional and hopefully soon there will be a better
kind of login together with an updated database. (That one on cassini is
from 2009-07-15 and not updated since then).

Have fun :)
Peter

Re: osm-db

Nikola Smolenski
Peter Körner wrote:
>> I was looking on how to connect to the osm-db and if there is phpMyAdmin
>> access to it? I browsed thru the toolserver and OSM wikis but did not
>> find much.
>
> If you got an account on cassini you can connect to the local PostGIS-Db
> with username gis and no password to the database named gis on localhost
> via postgresql functions e.g. from php or with psql from the command line.

Great, it works! :)

> This information is public available on cassini at the end of
> /sql/mapnik-stylesheets/osm-like/osm-de.xml, so that i hopefully don't
> disclose a secret here.
>
> This DB is only transitional and hopefully soon there will be a better
> kind of login together with an updated database. (That one on cassini is
> from 2009-07-15 and not updated since then).

I tried what should be a simple query:

select * from planet_osm_nodes where lat >= 44.81 and lat <= 44.83 and
lon >= 20.43 and lon <= 20.45 limit 5;

And it works a very long time without returning results. Perhaps there
should be indexes over lat and lon columns in planet_osm_nodes table.