page abstract delimiter

Fxp

page abstract delimiter

Fxp
Hi,

I'm pretty sure I've seen somewhere that mediawiki allows a delimiter to
be placed at the beginning of a page to split the resume of the page
from the page itself.

Can someone tell me what this is called, and when to use it ?

Can this summary be displayed under each link in a category page for
example?

Thanks for your help

Fran├žois

Re: page abstract delimiter

Brion Vibber
f-x.p wrote:
> I'm pretty sure I've seen somewhere that mediawiki allows a delimiter to
> be placed at the beginning of a page to split the resume of the page
> from the page itself.

MediaWiki has no concept of a page abstract or summary, so no such
delimiter exists.

If you're referring to the portion of text that shows above the table of
contents (if any), this is simply the text before the first section heading.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Re: page abstract delimiter

Dan Davis-2
On 11/12/06, f-x.p <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure I've seen somewhere that mediawiki allows a delimiter to
> be placed at the beginning of a page to split the resume of the page
> from the page itself.

Do you mean like on this page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki) where
there is text above the table of contents?

If so, it's simply a matter of placing text at the top of the page before
you use any headings. And I know of no way to have that text include on the
default category listing. But you could wrap that text with <onlyinclude>
</onlyinclude> and then transclude the page on another page...

     [[PageName1]] - {{:PageName1}}

     [[PageName2]] - {{:PageName2}}

Dan
Fxp

Re: page abstract delimiter found in extension

Fxp
Hi

thanks for excluding the core mediawiki (began to check the whole
messages...)

I found it in the newest page blog extension:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Newest_Pages_Blog_(extension)

I think now I just need to find a way to use this in the
DynamicPageList2 extension :-(

Fran├žois