perl: https-login not possible anymore

seth-35
Hi!

1. The simple script [1] leads to a Crypt-SSLeay error (exact error is
mentioned below the code) at the toolserver. But at my home computer the
script works fine. What could be the reason?

2. If I add the commented line in [1] then the script works at the
toolserver in a bash. But using qcronsub there comes a ne error message:

  Error code 2: 500 Can't locate object method "new" via package
"LWP::Protocol::https::Socket"

Can anybody help me?

[1] <http://scsys.co.uk:8002/274067> is a minimal case of the actual bot

Cheers
seth

Re: perl: https-login not possible anymore

Federico Leva (Nemo)
I've had such a problem recently, installing a few CPAN modules fixed
it. I updated the docs on how to do so, I hope they help:
https://wiki.toolserver.org/view/Perl#Installing_modules_locally

Nemo

On 03.11.2013 12:04, Federico Leva (Nemo) wrote:
> I've had such a problem recently, installing a few CPAN modules fixed
> it. I updated the docs on how to do so, I hope they help:
> https://wiki.toolserver.org/view/Perl#Installing_modules_locally

I know how to install modules. I installed a lot of them. My bot worked
until around mid of October.

It would be interesting to know which modules I should install to avoid
those errors. :-)

Bye
seth

Re: perl: https-login not possible anymore

Federico Leva (Nemo)
You should install the modules your code is crying about. :)
The script I was running asked me the following: Crypt::SSLeay
IO::Socket::SSL LWP::Protocol::https

Nemo

On 2013-11-05 09:43, Federico Leva (Nemo) wrote:
> You should install the modules your code is crying about. :)
> The script I was running asked me the following: Crypt::SSLeay
> IO::Socket::SSL LWP::Protocol::https

all of them seem to be installed:

seth@willow:~/bots$ cpan
[...]

cpan[1]> install Crypt::SSLeay IO::Socket::SSL LWP::Protocol::https
CPAN: Storable loaded ok (v2.22)
Going to read '/home/seth/.cpan/Metadata'
  Database was generated on Wed, 06 Nov 2013 18:53:02 GMT
CPAN: Module::CoreList loaded ok (v2.43)
Crypt::SSLeay is up to date (0.64).
IO::Socket::SSL is up to date (1.955).
LWP::Protocol::https is up to date (6.04).

the error occurs though:

seth@willow:~/bots$ ./camelbot_test.pl
Wiki set to https://de.wikipedia.org/w/api.php
Error code 2: 500 Can't connect to de.wikipedia.org:443 (Crypt-SSLeay
can't verify hostnames) : error occurred when accessing
https://de.wikipedia.org/w/api.php after 6 attempt(s) at
./camelbot_test.pl line 24.
Error code 2: 500 Can't connect to de.wikipedia.org:443 (Crypt-SSLeay
can't verify hostnames) : error occurred when accessing
https://de.wikipedia.org/w/api.php after 6 attempt(s) at
./camelbot_test.pl line 24.
[...]

:-(

Re: perl: https-login not possible anymore

Lars Dɪᴇᴄᴋᴏᴡ 迪拉斯
Hello seth. Net::SSLeay on this Solaris host is broken.

    Can't load '…/Net-SSLeay-1.55/blib/arch/auto/Net/SSLeay/SSLeay.so'
    for module Net::SSLeay: ld.so.1: perl: fatal: relocation error:
    file …/Net-SSLeay-1.55/blib/arch/auto/Net/SSLeay/SSLeay.so: symbol
    SSL_SESSION_cmp: referenced symbol not found at
    …/lib/5.12/DynaLoader.pm line 200.

Full log: <http://paste.scsys.co.uk/274920?tx=on> (Same result with
Perl 5.18.1 and OpenSSL 1.0.1e. Yes, I will send a bug report.)

These test failures and error messages are really bloody obvious, and
yet when you fetched the module as a dependency, you managed to
completely ignore those errors and the fact that the CPAN client or
installation process bombed out, and then *forced* the installation of
known broken software for good measure. You have no one to blame for
your trouble but yourself.

> Can anybody help me?

Your mail is like going up to us and dropping a package in our hands,
saying "I can't use this cup. It's broken.", and when we open the
package, there are nothing but porcelain shards inside. That's less
than awesome.

tl;dr: use the Linux host, nightshade. The OpenSSL bindings there work.

On 2013-11-08 10:25, Lars Dɪᴇᴄᴋᴏᴡ 迪拉斯 wrote:
> Hello seth. Net::SSLeay on this Solaris host is broken.

Oh, that's good to know. the strange thing (for me) is that I don't know
when it got broken. I thought I had locally installed that module a
while ago, because for a long time all scripts were running the way they
should.

> Full log: <http://paste.scsys.co.uk/274920?tx=on> (Same result with
> Perl 5.18.1 and OpenSSL 1.0.1e. Yes, I will send a bug report.)

Great, thanks!

> These test failures and error messages are really bloody obvious, and
> yet when you fetched the module as a dependency, you managed to
> completely ignore those errors and the fact that the CPAN client or
> installation process bombed out, and then *forced* the installation of
> known broken software for good measure.

You're right. I thought that those modules had been installed already
(because my scripts ran until mid of October). Anyway I advised cpan to
(re-)install them. At first it seemed to fail, but cpan asked me to use
"force". With force the installation seemed to succeed. And cpan now
tells me that Net::SSLeay is installed.

Anyway, for you the whole stuff might be obvious; for me it wasn't.

> You have no one to blame for your trouble but yourself.

I didn't blame anybody, and I'm not starting with that now. ;-p

> tl;dr: use the Linux host, nightshade. The OpenSSL bindings there work.

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks!

cu
seth