phone cannot play mobile site video, but standard site video

phone cannot play mobile site video, but standard site video

rupert THURNER-2
why is it that the excellent player is available on the standard wikipedia
view, and not on mobile view? is this just my configuration? as eyample:
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_orbit
* https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_orbit
the effect is that my mobile can play the standard view video, but not the
mobile view video.

rupert

Re: [Multimedia] phone cannot play mobile site video, but standard site video

Brion Vibber-4
Our old video player frontend doesn't quite work right on mobile so we've
been migrating towards a modern one based on video.js, which does work on
mobile and can integrate with our Safari compatibility shim.

It's been blocked on some issues with subtitle compatibility, which I'll be
working on in the next couple weeks as the VP9 conversion is now underway.

Once that's resolved we should be able to deploy the update and have
working video on iOS and better video on Android, with subtitles when
available.

-- brion