php fatal error -class not found - external authentication

php fatal error -class not found - external authentication

hopespoppa
<this is a second attempt of an earlier attempt. please disregard if a
duplicate>

 I am attempting to implement external authentication using
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Otheus/Auto_Login_via_REMOTE_USER method.
Which requires cut/paste/modify a file  Auth_remoteuser.php and placing it
into the mediawiki/extensions folder and inserting the following into
localsettings.php:

require_once('extensions/Auth_remoteuser.php');
$wgAuth = new Auth_remoteuser();

The problem is that, after successful external SSO, the browser is
redirected to the originally requested mediawiki url but halts with a dialog
stating "Internet Explorer can not download
http://intranetsite.com:12843/index.php?title=Main_Page  from
intranetsite.com. .."

The php error log states " PHP Fatal error: Class 'Auth_remoteuser' not
found in C:\wiki\Mediawiki\mediawiki- 1.6.3\LocalSettings.php on line 141"

Any suggestions?

Mediawiki 1.63/PHP 5/IIS 6/W2K3

Re: php fatal error -class not found - external authentication

Brion Vibber
Brian Carpenter wrote:
[snip]
> The problem is that, after successful external SSO, the browser is
> redirected to the originally requested mediawiki url but halts with a dialog
> stating "Internet Explorer can not download
> http://intranetsite.com:12843/index.php?title=Main_Page  from
> intranetsite.com. .."
>
> The php error log states " PHP Fatal error: Class 'Auth_remoteuser' not
> found in C:\wiki\Mediawiki\mediawiki- 1.6.3\LocalSettings.php on line 141"

The first thing I'd check is the browser cache. If a previous load of the main
page failed when you were trying it out, it's possible that this latest request
returned a '304 not modified' response and the browser showed the old cached
error message.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Re: php fatal error -class not found - external authentication

hopespoppa
Thanks for the response, but I have closed all browser windows, deleted all
cookies, files and history and re-attempted with the same results as below.
I have also tried adding  ,"$IP/extensions", to the $path=array statement in
the localsettings.php without success.

The php error refers to line 141 of my localsettings.php, which reads
$wgAuth = new Auth_remoteuser();  I'm guessing that Mediawiki can find the
file Auth_remoteuser.php , otherwise, the require_once statement above would
have created an error?.  So does the php error mean that there is a bug
within the "class Auth_remoteuser extends AuthPlugin" section of
Auth_remoteuser.php? (I basically cut/pasted the code provided from the
article -  adding errorlog statements immediately in the the Auth_remoteuser
function and class - neither have been generated. )
- ---- - - - --

> The first thing I'd check is the browser cache. If a previous load of the
> main
> page failed when you were trying it out, it's possible that this latest
> request
> returned a '304 not modified' response and the browser showed the old
> cached
> error message.
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

[snip]

Brian Carpenter wrote:

> Thanks for the response, but I have closed all browser windows, deleted all
> cookies, files and history and re-attempted with the same results as below.
> I have also tried adding  ,"$IP/extensions", to the $path=array statement in
> the localsettings.php without success.
>
> The php error refers to line 141 of my localsettings.php, which reads
> $wgAuth = new Auth_remoteuser();  I'm guessing that Mediawiki can find the
> file Auth_remoteuser.php , otherwise, the require_once statement above would
> have created an error?.  So does the php error mean that there is a bug
> within the "class Auth_remoteuser extends AuthPlugin" section of
> Auth_remoteuser.php?
Could be... can you send me a copy of your LocalSettings.php and your
Auth_remoteuser.php, and I'll take a look?

(Don't attach them on a message to the list, the files will be automatically
stripped; but you can e-mail them to me directly, or post them somewhere if they
don't contain sensitive data. Remove the database password. ;)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Re: php fatal error -class not found - external authentication

hopespoppa
Issue closed.  After endless hours of #$%^&% I found that my cut/past of the
code didn't copy the '?>' at the end of the extension. What an idiot I