phpMyAdmin latin1 display

Ja Ga-2
I have a question about something that's always annoyed me (not actually a problem so not worthy of a JIRA request IMO).

My MyISAM tables are collated as latin1_swedish_ci. As far as usage in my HTML reports goes, everything works great, so I'm happy with this setup.

However, if I browse one of these tables in phpMyAdmin, (and under the very unnoticeable +Options link in the browse view, uncheck ") I don't get the proper display of values.

For instance a table whose column is stored as

dab_title varchar(255) binary NOT NULL default ''

will display as

Jarosław_Dąbrowski

when I want

Jarosław Dąbrowski

and indeed that's what I get when I display it in a report. Again, not a problem, but I was wondering if anyone knows an easy way to get phpMyAdmin to display the contents properly.

Thanks,
Jason

Re: phpMyAdmin latin1 display

Jan Luca
Hi,

do you set in phpMyAdmin on the main page the collation to latin1 [1]?

Best regards,
Jan

[1] http://toolserver.org/~jan/files/TS%20phpMyAdmin%20Collation.jpg