preview backup

jdd

preview backup

jdd
Hello :-)

I'm making an extensive work on the fr.opensuse.org
mediawiki (translating the english part).

I have the following problem (not a bug):

Translation is often quite long. It needs often reading of
alternative pages, I have frequently 5/6 tabs open in Konqueror.

So it happen than I mix myself and close the wrong tab,
losing my work. I may also be called to phone and be
disconnected from the server from time to time, etc...

to avoid losing too much work, I'm obliged to save my work
frequently. This is cluttering the history/recent page, even
with the "pretty printing" option on (nice one :-)

could it be possible to have a file backup of the preview
page? that is a reusable copy wen one do a preview? This
copy would last only as long as the page is not yet saved,
and, for example, for a short time period (one day?) if
never saved.

In that case, I could use only preview, without saving all
the time. This would be much better also for the visitors
and in case of concurent edit, the work would have less risk
to be lost.

thanks
jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net

Re: preview backup

Tels
Moin,

On Saturday 11 March 2006 10:13, jdd wrote:
> Hello :-)
>
> I'm making an extensive work on the fr.opensuse.org
> mediawiki (translating the english part).
>
> I have the following problem (not a bug):
[snip]
> In that case, I could use only preview, without saving all
> the time. This would be much better also for the visitors
> and in case of concurent edit, the work would have less risk
> to be lost.

I tend to press CTRL-A, CTRL-C to copy the edited text for mishaps, but
this is manually and you can forget it. Maybe there is a firefox
extension that automatically backup's form fields?

Best wishes,

Tels

--
 Signed on Sat Mar 11 10:21:59 2006 with key 0x93B84C15.
 PGP key on http://bloodgate.com/tels.asc or per email.

 "Spammed if you do, spammed if you don't." - Murphy's Law

jdd

Re: preview backup

jdd
Tels wrote:

> I tend to press CTRL-A, CTRL-C to copy the edited text for mishaps, but
> this is manually and you can forget it. Maybe there is a firefox
> extension that automatically backup's form fields?

an external editor could do the job, but there is only one
for mediawiki AFAIK and I didn't already try it
jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net