python library to pull from (non-Wikipedia) Mediawikis

python library to pull from (non-Wikipedia) Mediawikis

Fred Zimmerman-3
Hi,

I am trying to adapt a program that searches and fetches pages from the main US Wikipedia to do the same against a private MediaWiki installation.  The program is written using the  wikipedia python library https://github.com/goldsmith/Wikipedia.

Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to get the library to "point" at other Mediawikis than the Wikipedia ones.

Can anyone either

a) show me how to change the target endpoint with this library or
b) point me to another Python library where I can do the same

and

c) provide me with an URL to a publicly accessible non-Wikipedia Mediawiki site with API that I can use to test the results of a/b?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Fred
--
Fred Zimmerman

Re: python library to pull from (non-Wikipedia) Mediawikis

Martin Urbanec
Hi,

A) look into wikipedia/wikipedia.py and change API_URL
B) not applicable

Best
Martin