(qualitative?) Wiki Researchers at Wikimania?

(qualitative?) Wiki Researchers at Wikimania?

Jan Dittrich
Hello Wikiresearchers,

I wondered who of us is at Wikimania (maybe there is a subpage somewhere to
write one’s names in?)
I would be particularly interested in meeting with people who use
qualitative and ethnographic methods, but I don't mind a chat about
statistics either :-)

Jan

--
Jan Dittrich
UX Design/ User Research

Phone: +49 (0)30 219 158 26-0
http://wikimedia.de

Imagine a world, in which every single human being can freely share in the
sum of all knowledge. That‘s our commitment.

Re: (qualitative?) Wiki Researchers at Wikimania?

Dariusz Jemielniak-3
I'll be there and I'd love to meet :)

dj

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 7:56 PM, Jan Dittrich <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello Wikiresearchers,
>
> I wondered who of us is at Wikimania (maybe there is a subpage somewhere to
> write one’s names in?)
> I would be particularly interested in meeting with people who use
> qualitative and ethnographic methods, but I don't mind a chat about
> statistics either :-)
>
> Jan
>
> --
> Jan Dittrich
> UX Design/ User Research

> Phone: +49 (0)30 219 158 26-0
> http://wikimedia.de
>
> Imagine a world, in which every single human being can freely share in the
> sum of all knowledge. That‘s our commitment.

__________________________

<http://nerds.kozminski.edu.pl/> prof. dr hab. Dariusz Jemielniak
kierownik katedry MINDS (Management in Networked and Digital Societies)
Akademia Leona Koźmińskiego
http://NeRDS.kozminski.edu.pl  <http://nerds.kozminski.edu.pl/>

associate faculty w Berkman-Klein Center for Internet and Society,
Harvard University

Wyszła pierwsza na świecie etnografia Wikipedii "Common Knowledge? An
Ethnography of Wikipedia" (2014, Stanford University
Press) mojego autorstwa (Dorothy Lee Award 2015, Nagroda
Naukowa Prezesa PAN 2016)  http://www.sup.org/book.cgi?id=24010

Re: (qualitative?) Wiki Researchers at Wikimania?

Leila Zia
If you decided to include quants with admiration for quals, ping me. ;)
I'll be there if the timing works.

On Aug 3, 2017 11:09, "Dariusz Jemielniak" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'll be there and I'd love to meet :)
>
> dj
>
> On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 7:56 PM, Jan Dittrich <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello Wikiresearchers,
> >
> > I wondered who of us is at Wikimania (maybe there is a subpage somewhere
> > write one’s names in?)
> > I would be particularly interested in meeting with people who use
> > qualitative and ethnographic methods, but I don't mind a chat about
> > statistics either :-)
> >
> > Jan
> >
> > --
> > Jan Dittrich
> > UX Design/ User Research
> >
> > Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. | Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24 | 10963 Berlin
> > Phone: +49 (0)30 219 158 26-0
> > http://wikimedia.de
> >
> > Imagine a world, in which every single human being can freely share in
> the
> > sum of all knowledge. That‘s our commitment.
> >
> > Wikimedia Deutschland - Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e. V.
> > Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts Berlin-Charlottenburg
> unter
> > der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für
> > Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207.

> __________________________
>
> <http://nerds.kozminski.edu.pl/> prof. dr hab. Dariusz Jemielniak
> kierownik katedry MINDS (Management in Networked and Digital Societies)
> Akademia Leona Koźmińskiego
> http://NeRDS.kozminski.edu.pl  <http://nerds.kozminski.edu.pl/>
>
> associate faculty w Berkman-Klein Center for Internet and Society,
> Harvard University
>
> Wyszła pierwsza na świecie etnografia Wikipedii "Common Knowledge? An
> Ethnography of Wikipedia" (2014, Stanford University
> Press) mojego autorstwa (Dorothy Lee Award 2015, Nagroda
> Naukowa Prezesa PAN 2016)  http://www.sup.org/book.cgi?id=24010

Re: (qualitative?) Wiki Researchers at Wikimania?

Aaron Halfaker-2
I'll be there.  I'm running the mentors program at the Hackathon.  Let me
know if you'd like to mentor some new researchers/proto-researchers :)

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 2:04 PM, Leila Zia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If you decided to include quants with admiration for quals, ping me. ;)
> I'll be there if the timing works.
>
> On Aug 3, 2017 11:09, "Dariusz Jemielniak" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I'll be there and I'd love to meet :)
> >
> > dj
> >
> > On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 7:56 PM, Jan Dittrich <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hello Wikiresearchers,
> > >
> > > I wondered who of us is at Wikimania (maybe there is a subpage
> somewhere
> > > write one’s names in?)
> > > I would be particularly interested in meeting with people who use
> > > qualitative and ethnographic methods, but I don't mind a chat about
> > > statistics either :-)
> > >
> > > Jan
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jan Dittrich
> > > UX Design/ User Research
> > >
> > > Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. | Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24 | 10963 Berlin
> > > Phone: +49 (0)30 219 158 26-0
> > > http://wikimedia.de
> > >
> > > Imagine a world, in which every single human being can freely share in
> > the
> > > sum of all knowledge. That‘s our commitment.
> > >
> > > Wikimedia Deutschland - Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e. V.
> > > Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts Berlin-Charlottenburg
> > unter
> > > der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für
> > > Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207.

> > __________________________
> >
> > <http://nerds.kozminski.edu.pl/> prof. dr hab. Dariusz Jemielniak
> > kierownik katedry MINDS (Management in Networked and Digital Societies)
> > Akademia Leona Koźmińskiego
> > http://NeRDS.kozminski.edu.pl  <http://nerds.kozminski.edu.pl/>
> >
> > associate faculty w Berkman-Klein Center for Internet and Society,
> > Harvard University
> >
> > Wyszła pierwsza na świecie etnografia Wikipedii "Common Knowledge? An
> > Ethnography of Wikipedia" (2014, Stanford University
> > Press) mojego autorstwa (Dorothy Lee Award 2015, Nagroda
> > Naukowa Prezesa PAN 2016)  http://www.sup.org/book.cgi?id=24010

Re: (qualitative?) Wiki Researchers at Wikimania?

Jonathan Morgan
I'd love to meet!

Leila and Aaron are honorary quals ;) Leila does a massive amount of survey
research, and Aaron is building a system to capture qualitative judgements
around ORES scores.

- J

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 12:47 PM, Aaron Halfaker <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I'll be there.  I'm running the mentors program at the Hackathon.  Let me
> know if you'd like to mentor some new researchers/proto-researchers :)
>
> On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 2:04 PM, Leila Zia <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > If you decided to include quants with admiration for quals, ping me. ;)
> > I'll be there if the timing works.
> >
> > On Aug 3, 2017 11:09, "Dariusz Jemielniak" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > I'll be there and I'd love to meet :)
> > >
> > > dj
> > >
> > > On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 7:56 PM, Jan Dittrich <
> [hidden email]>

> > somewhere

> in
> > > the

> V.
> > > unter
> für
> > > >

> > > --
> > > __________________________
> > >
> > > <http://nerds.kozminski.edu.pl/> prof. dr hab. Dariusz Jemielniak
> > > kierownik katedry MINDS (Management in Networked and Digital Societies)
> > > Akademia Leona Koźmińskiego
> > > http://NeRDS.kozminski.edu.pl  <http://nerds.kozminski.edu.pl/>
> > >
> > > associate faculty w Berkman-Klein Center for Internet and Society,
> > > Harvard University
> > >
> > > Wyszła pierwsza na świecie etnografia Wikipedii "Common Knowledge? An
> > > Ethnography of Wikipedia" (2014, Stanford University
> > > Press) mojego autorstwa (Dorothy Lee Award 2015, Nagroda
> > > Naukowa Prezesa PAN 2016)  http://www.sup.org/book.cgi?id=24010

Jonathan T. Morgan
Senior Design Researcher
Wikimedia Foundation
User:Jmorgan (WMF) <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jmorgan_(WMF)>

Re: (qualitative?) Wiki Researchers at Wikimania?

Abbey Ripstra
I am not attending :( , but will be there in spirit with all of you. Enjoy!!

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 1:16 PM, Jonathan Morgan <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I'd love to meet!
>
> Leila and Aaron are honorary quals ;) Leila does a massive amount of survey
> research, and Aaron is building a system to capture qualitative judgements
> around ORES scores.
>
> - J
>
> On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 12:47 PM, Aaron Halfaker <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > I'll be there.  I'm running the mentors program at the Hackathon.  Let me
> > know if you'd like to mentor some new researchers/proto-researchers :)
> >
> > On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 2:04 PM, Leila Zia <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > If you decided to include quants with admiration for quals, ping me. ;)
> > > I'll be there if the timing works.

> > [hidden email]>

> > > somewhere

> > in

> e.
> > V.
> Berlin-Charlottenburg
> > für

> Societies)

> Jonathan T. Morgan
> Senior Design Researcher
> Wikimedia Foundation
> User:Jmorgan (WMF) <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jmorgan_(WMF)>

*Abbey Ripstra*
Lead Design Researcher \\ Wikimedia Foundation
M +1 773 412 7463

the sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality!