question - Psychiatry studies

Juliana Bastos Marques
Hi all. Does anybody know any studies about mental health of participants
in collective, horizontal collaboration environments?

Thank you,
Juliana

--
www.domusaurea.org

Re: question - Psychiatry studies

Jonathan Morgan
Hi Juliana,

Nothing comes to mind. Although there's been a good deal of high-profile
research on editor motivation, which should be discoverable via Google
Scholar.

And I see there's currently a research project written up on Meta
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:The_Construction_and_Application_of_Personality_Profile_Based_on_User_Behavior_in_Wikipedia>
that proposes to evaluate editors based on the Big 5 Personality
questionnaire. However, probably no one should participate in that study;
they don't say anything about what they're going to do with the survey data
you give them :/

You might look through previous projects and project proposals written up
on the Research Index <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Projects>,
and also in the Research newsletter
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Newsletter>.

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 7:21 AM Juliana Bastos Marques <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi all. Does anybody know any studies about mental health of participants
> in collective, horizontal collaboration environments?
>
> Thank you,
> Juliana
>
> --
> www.domusaurea.org

Jonathan T. Morgan
Senior Design Researcher
Wikimedia Foundation
User:Jmorgan (WMF) <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jmorgan_(WMF)>

Re: question - Psychiatry studies

Joe Corneli-3
Would research on harrassment be relevant?

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Harassment_surveys
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Detox#Impact_of_Harassment_on_User_Retention

Further: Is the ansatz that harrassing behaviour is a sign of poor mental
health on the part of the harrasser commonly accepted? A quick google turns
up more hits about research showing mental health effects of harrassment on
the harrassed person(s).

If within 'mental health' you include the concept of thriving, then it
might be useful to look at resources like "Net Smart: How to Thrive Online"
by Howard Rheingold.

It's not research in a peer reviewed sense but maybe this should be added
to the recommended reading list:
http://www.mondo2000.com/2018/03/30/a-virtual-life-an-actual-death/