question

Eleni P.
Where can i find the steps required to translate an article from one language to another?  I want to translate an article from Greek to English but  I cannot find any infomation about how to do that.

Or just send me the steps in detail.

Thanks

Re: question

masti-2

W dniu 13.06.2009 17:49, Eleni P. pisze:
> Where can i find the steps required to translate an article from one
> language to another?  I want to translate an article from Greek to
> English but  I cannot find any infomation about how to do that.
> Or just send me the steps in detail.
> Thanks

There are no special steps for articles. Just translate it and mark in
edit description that it was translated from Greek. Should be enogh to
fulfill licence requirements. At least this is how we do it in pl.wiki.

masti

Re: question

Ariel Glenn WMF
Someone from en pedia should answer this.  The policy differs from
project to project (whether you should request import of the article
first, etc.)  But even if you translate first and have to ask for import
afterwards, it should be fixable, they can just merge the imported
versions with yours.  I think.

That assumes that the article for import doesn't have too many
revisions.  I forget how many "too many" is these days.

Ariel

Στις 13-06-2009, ημέρα Σαβ, και ώρα 22:22 +0200, ο/η masti έγραψε:

> W dniu 13.06.2009 17:49, Eleni P. pisze:
> > Where can i find the steps required to translate an article from one
> > language to another?  I want to translate an article from Greek to
> > English but  I cannot find any infomation about how to do that.
> > Or just send me the steps in detail.
> > Thanks
>

> There are no special steps for articles. Just translate it and mark in
> edit description that it was translated from Greek. Should be enogh to
> fulfill licence requirements. At least this is how we do it in pl.wiki.
>
> masti

Re: question

Casey Brown-3
On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Eleni P.<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Where can i find the steps required to translate an article from one
> language to another?  I want to translate an article from Greek to English
> but  I cannot find any infomation about how to do that.
>
> Or just send me the steps in detail.

This should help you out:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Translation#How_to_translate>

--