"Alan Cabal" article

Bill Carter
Dear Wikipedians:

Since Bali ultimate nominated the "Alan Cabal" article for deletion on January 10th, 2009, the article has been rife with errors, slander, and downright abuse toward Alan Cabal. This is a recurrent theme with Bali ultimate's edits. Time and time
again he has destroyed good work. Let's take a closer look at the "Alan Cabal" article.

I had previously
laid out a detailed rationale for why two articles should be added to the "Selected bibliography" but
Bali ultimate has removed them and more from the "Selected bibliography"
with an edit summary reading "replaces incorrect
"bibliography" with correct "articles;" makes this actually selected,".
(http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Alan_Cabal&diff=267625445&oldid=267427116)

Let me explain why at least 2 articles should be included in Alan Cabal's Selected bibliography:

—. "The Doom that Came to Chelsea", New York Press, vol. 16, no. 23 (June 3–9, 2003).

1) This article is sourced in Christopher Knowles' 2007 book Our Gods Wear Spandex.
2) This article is mentioned all over the web for information on the occult renaissance.
3) This article is used in a paper of the Necronomicon.

—. "Best Things About Being a Middle-Aged
 Guy In New York", New York Press, vol. 13, no. 39 (September 27–October 3, 2000).

1) This article appeared in Arts & Letters Daily in 2000.
2) A quote from this article is mentioned by an English Professor at Wayne University.

On the talk page for the "Alan Cabal" article, I have
tried to fix a mistake in the template.
The 2nd AFD is hidden. But Bali ultimate has reverted this change stating "actually this edit hid the afd. not sure why"
 (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Alan_Cabal&diff=270884274&oldid=270867802)

Other errors in the "Alan Cabal" article include the sentence "He also appeared on The Patty Duke Show and plays in the White Courtesy Telephone rock band." It should read "played in the White Courtesy Telephone rock band."  White Courtesy Telephone is a defunct band.

An omission: the 2007 book Our Gods Wear Spandex has been excised from the "Alan Cabal"
article, along with the information it provided, simply because I pointed out that the book has one error. It describes Alan Cabal as
a Village Voice writer, which was an error introduced by Astrologer Rob
Brezsny and subsequently perpetuated by others. This has been seized upon by Bali ultimate as a rationale for ejecting
the 2007 book from the "Alan Cabal" article, along with Mr. Cabal's article on the occult renaissance, and
anything to do with Mr. Cabal's association with occultism.

Another niggling error, Alan Cabal's article on Ernst Zundel was not
sympathetic, but "sympathetic" as described in a reliable source, so it should be in quotes
like this (which it was until Bali ultimate showed up):

His "sympathetic"[26] article on holocaust denier Ernst Zündel in CounterPunch
titled "Star Chamber Redux: the Prosecution of Zundel", attracted the
attention of the media, including internet forums and blogs and the Jeff Rense radio show,[27] which Zundel called "An amazing break-through" in a letter to the Adelaide Institute.[28][29]

Alan Cabal has corrected a few errors himself, one of which was negligent
(http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Alan_Cabal&diff=267113849&oldid=266370568)
and another which was slanderous
(http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Alan_Cabal&diff=266140426&oldid=264992125).

These incidents damage the website tremendously. Please correct all of these errors. Alan Cabal has been slandered many times over the years by drive-by trolls but mostly Wikipedians. In July of 2008 he promised legal action unless a slanderous comment was removed from the first AfD, which Wikipedian Stifle promptly removed (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Alan_Cabal&diff=224116995&oldid=223596710). Bali ultimate must be denied access to the "Alan Cabal" article so that productive editors can move in and improve the article. If an editor attempts to improve any article which Bali ultimate has significantly damaged they will come upon him and have their edits removed. This abuse must come to an end.

Thank you.

Bill D. Carter

Re: "Alan Cabal" article

Thomas Dalton
2009/3/6 Bill Carter <[hidden email]>:
> Dear Wikipedians:
>
> Since Bali ultimate nominated the "Alan Cabal" article for deletion on January 10th, 2009, the article has been rife with errors, slander, and downright abuse toward Alan Cabal. This is a recurrent theme with Bali ultimate's edits. Time and time
> again he has destroyed good work. Let's take a closer look at the "Alan Cabal" article.

This is not really the place for this. Try

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Biographies_of_living_persons/Noticeboard

Re: "Alan Cabal" article

Bill Carter
Then, please forward this notice to the appropriate board or individuals.

> Since Bali ultimate nominated the "Alan Cabal" article for deletion on January 10th, 2009, the article has been rife with errors, slander, and downright abuse toward Alan Cabal. This is a recurrent theme with Bali ultimate's edits. Time and time
> again he has destroyed good work. Let's take a closer look at the "Alan Cabal" article.

This is not really the place for this. Try

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Biographies_of_living_persons/Noticeboard

Re: "Alan Cabal" article

Bill Carter
Hi:

When I last mentioned the "Alan Cabal" article I was discussing the errors in it. It has since been nominated for deletion (again) by one of my nemisises. This kind of conduct is quite usual at Wikipedia, and one of the reasons why all writers should be warned against contributing here at Wikipedia.

I have found a new source bestowing notability on Alan Cabal: LIFE IN CYBERSPACE / Banding Together To Make Cybermusic

     Newsday;  Oct 20, 1996; pg. A.55;

You
can read the abstract here:
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/newsday/access/17063895.html?dids=17063895:17063895&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&type=current&date=Oct+20%2C+1996&author=&pub=Newsday&edition=&startpage=A.55&desc=LIFE+IN+CYBERSPACE+%2F+Banding+Together+To+Make+Cybermusic

It's
in the Newsday archives. It has 860 words and leads with Mr.
Cabal's story. Btw, the link from the pseudonym "Garbled Uplink" to "Alan Cabal" is
explicit in the Details magazine article "Rock & Roll Fantasy" by
Rob Tannenbaum, but can be found in other less reputable sources.

I have provided an edit reading "ALTERNATE VERSION HERE" in the recent history of the "Alan Cabal" article so that people can see all the good sources that have been removed. The AfD is being stacked against the article about Mr. Cabal. Without these sources and the one I provide the likelihood of the article surviving AfD decreases.

Anyhow, look at the players around this article and you will see how corrupt Wikipedia is.

Sincerely,
Bill D. Carter