"Malayalam Wikipedia takes a gender turn"

"Malayalam Wikipedia takes a gender turn"

Pranav Curumsey
Times of India article: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/thiruvananthapuram/Malayalam-Wikipedia-takes-a-gender-turn/articleshow/18818967.cms

Re: "Malayalam Wikipedia takes a gender turn"

Tejaswini Niranjana
I heard about a year ago that a Malayalam project I had helped raise funds for had become part of WikiSource. It is a Reader in Gender History put together by Prof J Devika of the Centre for Development Studies, Thiruvananthapuram. Can Shiju or someone else from the Malayalam Wikipedia confirm this?

On 6 March 2013 13:47, Pranav Curumsey <[hidden email]> wrote:
Times of India article: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/thiruvananthapuram/Malayalam-Wikipedia-takes-a-gender-turn/articleshow/18818967.cms

Tejaswini Niranjana, PhD
Lead Researcher - Higher Education Innovation and Research Applications (HEIRA)
Senior Fellow - Centre for the Study of Culture and Society (CSCS)
Visiting Professor - Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
Visiting Faculty - Centre for Contemporary Studies, Indian Institute
of Science (CCS-IISc)

t: 91-80-26730476, 26730967, 26730268
f: 91-80-26730722
http://heira.in
www.cscs.res.in

Re: "Malayalam Wikipedia takes a gender turn"

Pranav Curumsey
Some more coverage on the same topic in today's Loksatta (Marathi):
http://www.loksatta.com/mumbai-news/wikipedia-celebrate-international-womens-day-75560/

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Tejaswini Niranjana <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I heard about a year ago that a Malayalam project I had helped raise funds
> for had become part of WikiSource. It is a Reader in Gender History put
> together by Prof J Devika of the Centre for Development Studies,
> Thiruvananthapuram. Can Shiju or someone else from the Malayalam Wikipedia
> confirm this?
>

> On 6 March 2013 13:47, Pranav Curumsey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Times of India article:
>> http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/thiruvananthapuram/Malayalam-Wikipedia-takes-a-gender-turn/articleshow/18818967.cms

> Tejaswini Niranjana, PhD
> Lead Researcher - Higher Education Innovation and Research Applications
> (HEIRA)
> Senior Fellow - Centre for the Study of Culture and Society (CSCS)
> Visiting Professor - Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
> Visiting Faculty - Centre for Contemporary Studies, Indian Institute
> of Science (CCS-IISc)
>
> t: 91-80-26730476, 26730967, 26730268
> f: 91-80-26730722
> http://heira.in
> www.cscs.res.in

Re: "Malayalam Wikipedia takes a gender turn"

Netha Hussain
International women's day events on Wikipedia were covered by Times of India (The Crest Edition). The full news can be read here: http://www.timescrest.com/society/world-wide-wiki-womens-web-dot-com-9981

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 12:01 PM, Pranav Curumsey <[hidden email]> wrote:
Some more coverage on the same topic in today's Loksatta (Marathi):
http://www.loksatta.com/mumbai-news/wikipedia-celebrate-international-womens-day-75560/

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Tejaswini Niranjana <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I heard about a year ago that a Malayalam project I had helped raise funds
> for had become part of WikiSource. It is a Reader in Gender History put
> together by Prof J Devika of the Centre for Development Studies,
> Thiruvananthapuram. Can Shiju or someone else from the Malayalam Wikipedia
> confirm this?
>

> On 6 March 2013 13:47, Pranav Curumsey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Times of India article:
>> http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/thiruvananthapuram/Malayalam-Wikipedia-takes-a-gender-turn/articleshow/18818967.cms

> Tejaswini Niranjana, PhD
> Lead Researcher - Higher Education Innovation and Research Applications
> (HEIRA)
> Senior Fellow - Centre for the Study of Culture and Society (CSCS)
> Visiting Professor - Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
> Visiting Faculty - Centre for Contemporary Studies, Indian Institute
> of Science (CCS-IISc)
>
> t: 91-80-26730476, 26730967, 26730268
> f: 91-80-26730722
> http://heira.in
> www.cscs.res.in

Netha Hussain
Student of Medicine and Surgery
Govt. Medical College, Kozhikode

Blogs : nethahussain.blogspot.com
swethaambari.wordpress.com

Re: "Malayalam Wikipedia takes a gender turn"

Sivahari Nandakumar
We have also conducted a women special wikipedia workshop.

--Sivahari

2013/3/23 Netha Hussain <[hidden email]>:

> International women's day events on Wikipedia were covered by Times of India
> (The Crest Edition). The full news can be read here:
> http://www.timescrest.com/society/world-wide-wiki-womens-web-dot-com-9981
>

> On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 12:01 PM, Pranav Curumsey <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Some more coverage on the same topic in today's Loksatta (Marathi):
>>
>> http://www.loksatta.com/mumbai-news/wikipedia-celebrate-international-womens-day-75560/
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Tejaswini Niranjana <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > I heard about a year ago that a Malayalam project I had helped raise
>> > funds
>> > for had become part of WikiSource. It is a Reader in Gender History put
>> > together by Prof J Devika of the Centre for Development Studies,
>> > Thiruvananthapuram. Can Shiju or someone else from the Malayalam
>> > Wikipedia
>> > confirm this?

>> > --
>> > Tejaswini Niranjana, PhD
>> > Lead Researcher - Higher Education Innovation and Research Applications
>> > (HEIRA)
>> > Senior Fellow - Centre for the Study of Culture and Society (CSCS)
>> > Visiting Professor - Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
>> > Visiting Faculty - Centre for Contemporary Studies, Indian Institute
>> > of Science (CCS-IISc)
>> >
>> > t: 91-80-26730476, 26730967, 26730268
>> > f: 91-80-26730722
>> > http://heira.in
>> > www.cscs.res.in

> Netha Hussain
> Student of Medicine and Surgery
> Govt. Medical College, Kozhikode
> Blogs : nethahussain.blogspot.com
> swethaambari.wordpress.com

with warm regards
Sivahari Nandakumar
Appropriate Technology Promotion Society
Eroor, Vyttila 09446582917
http://sivaharicec.blogspot.com

Re: "Malayalam Wikipedia takes a gender turn"

Anivar Aravind

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Tejaswini Niranjana <[hidden email]> wrote:
I heard about a year ago that a Malayalam project I had helped raise funds for had become part of WikiSource. It is a Reader in Gender History put together by Prof J Devika of the Centre for Development Studies, Thiruvananthapuram. Can Shiju or someone else from the Malayalam Wikipedia confirm this?

 Yes . I was instrumental in suggesting  Devika to  change the license of ചന്തപ്പെണ്ണും കുലസ്ട്രീയും ഉണ്ടായതെങ്ങനെ  to CC-A-SA  License and donate to wikipedia . ( It was CC-A-NC-SA before)  .
It is the first  contemporary book in Malayalam wikisource  and first feminist literature in Malayalam wikibooks.
It is available here.
http://ml.wikisource.org/wiki/Kulastreeyum_Chanthapennum_Undayathengane

~ regards
Anivar