"Out of memory" style error

Rob Church
A user in the #wikipedia IRC channel commented on an error he thought
amusing. Given that Domas and either Brion or Tim (and I think Brion)
were discussing it briefly in #wikimedia-tech, I thought I'd grab the
details. Can't actually get anyone to respond to my pokes right now...

Error text: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 52428800 bytes
exhausted (tried to allocate 10597086 bytes) in
/usr/local/apache/common-local/php-1.5/includes/Parser.php on line 301

Checking the code, that line seems to be in the middle of
Parser::extractTagsAndParams() so gut instinct suggests, to me at
least, that it's a massive chunk of text being handled somewhere, but
that's pure speculation and could well be (and given my recent
cockups, probably is) wrong.

Rob Church