"sessionfailure" message when delete/update files

"sessionfailure" message when delete/update files

Michael Lee-7
I configured Mediawiki 1.5.7 to use the REMOTE USER authentication
method described here:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Auto_Login_via_REMOTE_USER

If a user logs on under Windows with Internet Explorer and attempts to
delete or update a file, it works without problems.  This Windows/IE
user is logged onto the corporate domain controller, so he is not
prompted for username/password upon entering the Wikimedia site.

However, if a user logs on using Mozilla Firefox, the same action
reports the following error message:

"Internal error
There seems to be a problem with your login session; this action has
been canceled as a precaution against session hijacking.  Please hit
"back" and reload the page you came from, then try again."

Going back and refreshing still has the same problem.  I've also noticed
that IE users who did not initially log on to the Windows domain (so
they're prompted for username/password upon entering the Wikimedia site)
experience the same problem.

I enabled debug logging, and this is what it reports after pressing
"Confirm" to deletion:

Start request
POST /mediawiki/index.php?
title=Image:blah.gif&action=delete
Host: blah-machine

Main cache: fakememcachedclient
Message cache: mediawikibagostuff
Parser cache: mediawikibagostuff
Using reader #0: localhost...

Block::load: '192.168.3.2', '34', 1
** no caching **
WARNING: Abrupt exit
in /data/www/html/mediawiki-1.5.7/includes/GlobalFunctions.php at line
437
WARNING: Abrupt exit
in /data/www/html/mediawiki-1.5.7/includes/OutputPage.php at line 726
WARNING: Abrupt exit
in /data/www/html/mediawiki-1.5.7/includes/ImagePage.php at line 402
WARNING: Abrupt exit in /data/www/html/mediawiki-1.5.7/index.php at line
179

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks.

Re: "sessionfailure" message when delete/update files

Stephen Warren
Michael Lee wrote:

> I configured Mediawiki 1.5.7 to use the REMOTE USER authentication
> method described here:
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Auto_Login_via_REMOTE_USER
>
> If a user logs on under Windows with Internet Explorer and attempts to
> delete or update a file, it works without problems.  This Windows/IE
> user is logged onto the corporate domain controller, so he is not
> prompted for username/password upon entering the Wikimedia site.
>
> However, if a user logs on using Mozilla Firefox, the same action
> reports the following error message:
Look at the very last couple of paragraphs here:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Otheus/Auto_Login_via_REMOTE_USER/code

Did you do the session setup fix I described there?

I had problems updating/uploading images using Firefox, and that fixed
it for me, with MW 1.5.6.