real name of current user

david-217
Hi,
¿anybody knows if there is some way to take the real name of users, that
they write in "preferences" or in the signUp form, in queries or forms?

David.

Re: real name of current user

Neill Mitchell
Hi.

You can use the UserFunctions extensions. However, this is only a good
idea for internal or locked down sites, otherwise people could
potentially lift emails and names by inserting the parser functions into
pages.

Cheers
Neill.

On 19/01/12 15:12, david wrote:

> Hi,
> ¿anybody knows if there is some way to take the real name of users, that
> they write in "preferences" or in the signUp form, in queries or forms?
>
> David.

Re: real name of current user

Neill Mitchell
I've just checked the extension and some extra security has very
recently been added:

  * Limit its functionality to some namespace where only sysops can
    modify pages (MediaWiki:) to define message.
  * Add the possibility to select only some functionality of this
    extension and disable the other (like #useremail).

Cheers
Neill.

On 19/01/12 15:20, Neill Mitchell wrote:

> Hi.
>
> You can use the UserFunctions extensions. However, this is only a good
> idea for internal or locked down sites, otherwise people could
> potentially lift emails and names by inserting the parser functions into
> pages.
>
> Cheers
> Neill.
>
> On 19/01/12 15:12, david wrote:
>> Hi,
>> ¿anybody knows if there is some way to take the real name of users, that
>> they write in "preferences" or in the signUp form, in queries or forms?
>>
>> David.

Re: real name of current user

david-217
Thanks Neill, I'll have a look on this extensions.

dvd.

El dj 19 de 01 de 2012 a les 15:24 +0000, en/na Neill Mitchell va
escriure: