request limits of api

b a-7
I'm writing some code that does requests on wikipedia's API.
Now , after an hour or so my application stalls.
I suspect it's because of some request limit over a period of time that
the MediaWiki API has.
Is there any such limitation documented anywhere ?
Is it common for someone to bump into it ?

Thank you,
Stefan

Re: request limits of api

Roan Kattouw-2
2009/6/10  <[hidden email]>:
> I'm writing some code that does requests on wikipedia's API.
> Now , after an hour or so my application stalls.
> I suspect it's because of some request limit over a period of time that
> the MediaWiki API has.
> Is there any such limitation documented anywhere ?
> Is it common for someone to bump into it ?

The API does not have any such throttling built-in. Whatever is
stalling here is either in your application or an infrastructural
thing at Wikimedia, but the API has nothing to do with it. If you're
sure that your application is not at fault and that the WMF servers
stop responding to your requests after some time, the right place to
ask/complain would be on IRC: #wikimedia-tech on Freenode.

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)