rewite rules

Amit Vyas-2
Hi all,

Wiki is working fine following change in Localsettings.php

#$wgArticlePath      = "$wgScript/$1";
$wgArticlePath      = "$wgScript?title=$1";

So I am able to access my wiki again, but with  $wgArticlePath  =
"$wgScript/$1"; wiki is not showing up.
as suggested in irc I disscussed with my provider they see no problem.

I am still trying some rewrite rules .. but I don't know where the probelm
is since my provider was rebuilding apache, so is the problem at wiki ? or
in apache configuration , what should I ask my provider for in that case?

Working wiki link  http://www.indiaonpix.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

--
Regards.
Amit Vyas

Error with images

Bekki Janssen
Incomplete GD library configuration: missing function imagecreatefrompng
appeared when I installed MediaWiki 1.66 on my machine.

What's going on?

Bekki

Re: rewite rules

Rick DeNatale
On 5/27/06, Amit Vyas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Wiki is working fine following change in Localsettings.php
>
> #$wgArticlePath      = "$wgScript/$1";
> $wgArticlePath      = "$wgScript?title=$1";
>
> So I am able to access my wiki again, but with  $wgArticlePath  =
> "$wgScript/$1"; wiki is not showing up.
> as suggested in irc I disscussed with my provider they see no problem.
>
> I am still trying some rewrite rules .. but I don't know where the probelm
> is since my provider was rebuilding apache, so is the problem at wiki ? or
> in apache configuration , what should I ask my provider for in that case?

Your question is a bit too vague to answer directly, but perhaps I can
give a hint or two.

$wgArticlePath affects how links to articles are rendered by mediawiki
in the generated html when a page is displayed.

Whether or not a url like http://www.mywiki.org/wiki/Main_Page will
get you to the main page has nothing to do with $wgArticlePath.  It
depends on the Apache and PHP configuration. If the PHP configuration
supports those paths directly then no apache rewriting should be
needed.  Apache mod_rewrite can be used to rewrite such a url into
http://www.mywiki.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page so that a php
configuration which doesn't directly support them will work, this
second form of url should always work.  This rewriting gets done
internally, the user never sees it.

One reason for $wgArticlePath is so that links can be presented to the
user in the "prettier" form if the wiki is configured to work with it,
and the "uglier" form if not.

For details, search the mediawiki site for pretty urls or the like.
--
Rick DeNatale

IPMS/USA Region 12 Coordinator
http://ipmsr12.denhaven2.com/

Visit the Project Mercury Wiki Site
http://www.mercuryspacecraft.com/

Re: Error with images

Rob Church
On 27/05/06, Bekki Janssen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Incomplete GD library configuration: missing function imagecreatefrompng
> appeared when I installed MediaWiki 1.66 on my machine.
>
> What's going on?

Read the error message again.

Rob Church

Got MediaWiki 1.58 working!

Bekki Janssen
I got MediaWiki 1.58 installed successfully on my own network, thanks to ht
tp://www.lifehacker.com/software/wikipedia/geek-to-live-set-up-your-persona
l-wikipedia-163707.php

However, I can't get images to appear in templates, nor can I find the code
for MakeSysop, steward and checkuser.php anywhere on the Internet??

anyone got any ideas??

Bekki

Re: Got MediaWiki 1.58 working!

Elliott F. Cable
Those three extensions are in SVN. Search for SVN on http://
mediawiki.org/ - that'll help you.

On May 27, 2006, at 3:56 PM, Bekki Janssen wrote:

> I got MediaWiki 1.58 installed successfully on my own network,
> thanks to ht
> tp://www.lifehacker.com/software/wikipedia/geek-to-live-set-up-your-
> persona
> l-wikipedia-163707.php
>
> However, I can't get images to appear in templates, nor can I find
> the code
> for MakeSysop, steward and checkuser.php anywhere on the Internet??
>
> anyone got any ideas??
>
> Bekki

Checkuser

Bekki Janssen
How do you install this - I tried, but it keeps saying 'failed to add log
entry'.

NOTE: I'm running a WAMP Apache server.

Bekki

Re: Checkuser

Rob Church
On 28/05/06, Bekki Janssen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> How do you install this - I tried, but it keeps saying 'failed to add log
> entry'.

Had you looked at the top of the file, you'd have seen the reference
to $wgCheckUserLog, which needs to be set to the path of a writable
file. Add a line similar to the following underneath the require_once(
blah blah CheckUser ) line in LocalSettings.php:

$wgCheckUserLog = '/path/to/file';

Rob Church

Re: Checkuser

Brion Vibber
Bekki Janssen wrote:
> How do you install this - I tried, but it keeps saying 'failed to add log
> entry'.

You need to set the path to the log file, and the log file needs to be writable
to the web server. See the config vars at the top of the file.

> NOTE: I'm running a WAMP Apache server.

I'm not really sure how to set file permissions on Windows, sorry.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Re: Checkuser

Bekki Janssen
It's working.
How do I add stewards using the MakeSysop extension??

> Bekki Janssen wrote:
> > How do you install this - I tried, but it keeps saying 'failed to add
> log
> > entry'.
>
> You need to set the path to the log file, and the log file needs to be
> writable
> to the web server. See the config vars at the top of the file.
>
> > NOTE: I'm running a WAMP Apache server.
>
> I'm not really sure how to set file permissions on Windows, sorry.
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Stewards/cross-wiki

Bekki Janssen
How do you get Makesysop.php to work cross-wiki??

Bekki