second day: videos

Patricio Lorente
They are already available for download at
http://prototype.wikimedia.org/wikimania/

--
Patricio Lorente
Mensajería Instantánea: [hidden email]

Re: second day: videos

Ivan Lanin-2
Thank you Patricio,

I've shared the link with my fellow Indonesian Wikipedian who couldn't make it to Argentina. They're very happy to have all the videos in such a short time.

They are already available for download at
http://prototype.wikimedia.org/wikimania/

--
Patricio Lorente
Mensajería Instantánea: [hidden email]
Blog: http://www.patriciolorente.com.ar
Clave Pública GPG: http://www.patriciolorente.com.ar/pl-GPG.txt

Ivan Lanin. http://www.wikimedia.or.id
Dikirim dari BeriHitam® 25704A0F

Re: second day: videos

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 10:33 AM, Patricio
Lorente<[hidden email]> wrote:
> They are already available for download at
> http://prototype.wikimedia.org/wikimania/

The videos from room C are missing:

    http://prototype.wikimedia.org/wikimania/dia2/video-c/

Are they still being processed to be uploaded later or is there some
other problem with them?

Re: second day: videos

Patricio Lorente
2009/8/28 Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[hidden email]>:

> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 10:33 AM, Patricio
> Lorente<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> They are already available for download at
>> http://prototype.wikimedia.org/wikimania/
>
> The videos from room C are missing:
>
>    http://prototype.wikimedia.org/wikimania/dia2/video-c/
>
> Are they still being processed to be uploaded later or is there some
> other problem with them?

They are going to be uploaded with today's session. They weren't
uploaded yet due to minor technical issues.

                                         Patricio

--
Patricio Lorente
Mensajería Instantánea: [hidden email]
Blog: http://www.patriciolorente.com.ar
Clave Pública GPG: http://www.patriciolorente.com.ar/pl-GPG.txt

Re: second day: videos

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Patricio
Lorente<[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2009/8/28 Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[hidden email]>:
>> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 10:33 AM, Patricio
>> Lorente<[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> They are already available for download at
>>> http://prototype.wikimedia.org/wikimania/
>>
>> The videos from room C are missing:
>>
>>    http://prototype.wikimedia.org/wikimania/dia2/video-c/
>>
>> Are they still being processed to be uploaded later or is there some
>> other problem with them?
>
> They are going to be uploaded with today's session. They weren't
> uploaded yet due to minor technical issues.

Good to know. Thanks for all your hard work.

Re: second day: videos

Moushira Elamrawy
This is very fast, efficient and is really brilliant..
10 Thumbs up to the hard work !

Regards,
Moushira--who is really missing Wikimania!

On 8/28/09, Patricio Lorente <[hidden email]> wrote:

> They are already available for download at
> http://prototype.wikimedia.org/wikimania/
>
> --
> Patricio Lorente
> Mensajería Instantánea: [hidden email]
> Blog: http://www.patriciolorente.com.ar
> Clave Pública GPG: http://www.patriciolorente.com.ar/pl-GPG.txt

Re: second day: videos

Patricio Lorente
2009/8/28 Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[hidden email]>:

> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Patricio
> Lorente<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> 2009/8/28 Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> The videos from room C are missing:
>>>
>>>    http://prototype.wikimedia.org/wikimania/dia2/video-c/
>>>
>>> Are they still being processed to be uploaded later or is there some
>>> other problem with them?
>>
>> They are going to be uploaded with today's session. They weren't
>> uploaded yet due to minor technical issues.
>
> Good to know. Thanks for all your hard work.

You are welcome. The videos from room C are now uploaded!

                                               Patricio

2009/8/28 Moushira Elamrawy <[hidden email]>:
> This is very fast, efficient and is really brilliant..
> 10 Thumbs up to the hard work !

Thank you! We had a commitment  with the documentation of the sessions
and we are very happy that things are going as we planned.

                                 Patricio

--
Patricio Lorente
Mensajería Instantánea: [hidden email]
Blog: http://www.patriciolorente.com.ar
Clave Pública GPG: http://www.patriciolorente.com.ar/pl-GPG.txt

Re: second day: videos

Brion Vibber-3
On 8/28/09 12:03 PM, Patricio Lorente wrote:
> 2009/8/28 Moushira Elamrawy<[hidden email]>:
>> This is very fast, efficient and is really brilliant..
>> 10 Thumbs up to the hard work !
>
> Thank you! We had a commitment  with the documentation of the sessions
> and we are very happy that things are going as we planned.

Big thanks to everybody on the local team who worked on shooting and
encoding the videos, and to Roan Kattouw for setting up the temporary
upload location on our Usability Initiative staging server. Between the
streaming and the next-day downloads, this has been the most
remote-accessible Wikimania yet!

Roan and Andrew Garrett will be importing the Ogg-encoded files to their
permanent home in Commons within the next couple days.

-- brion vibber (brion @ wikimedia.org)

Re: second day: videos

Roan Kattouw-2
2009/8/28 Brion Vibber <[hidden email]>:
> Big thanks to everybody on the local team who worked on shooting and
> encoding the videos, and to Roan Kattouw for setting up the temporary upload
> location on our Usability Initiative staging server. Between the streaming
> and the next-day downloads, this has been the most remote-accessible
> Wikimania yet!
>
> Roan and Andrew Garrett will be importing the Ogg-encoded files to their
> permanent home in Commons within the next couple days.

Actually, the day 0, 1 and 2 talks have already been imported to
Commons (thanks Andrew!). They don't have a license tag right now, and
most of them aren't categorized yet, but we're sorting that out. If we
don't sort out everything to the finest detail, I'm sure the Commons
community will be willing to fix it.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikimania_2009_presentations

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)

Re: second day: videos

Hay (Husky)
Thanks for all the work guys. It's great to see that all talks are
already available on Commons in a free format!

Now i just need to find the time to watch them all :)

-- Hay

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 12:05 AM, Roan Kattouw<[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2009/8/28 Brion Vibber <[hidden email]>:
>> Big thanks to everybody on the local team who worked on shooting and
>> encoding the videos, and to Roan Kattouw for setting up the temporary upload
>> location on our Usability Initiative staging server. Between the streaming
>> and the next-day downloads, this has been the most remote-accessible
>> Wikimania yet!
>>
>> Roan and Andrew Garrett will be importing the Ogg-encoded files to their
>> permanent home in Commons within the next couple days.
>>
> Actually, the day 0, 1 and 2 talks have already been imported to
> Commons (thanks Andrew!). They don't have a license tag right now, and
> most of them aren't categorized yet, but we're sorting that out. If we
> don't sort out everything to the finest detail, I'm sure the Commons
> community will be willing to fix it.
>
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikimania_2009_presentations
>
> Roan Kattouw (Catrope)

Re: second day: videos

Hay (Husky)
Just wondering, is the talk about the survey results by Jan Philipp
Schmidt already available? The link on the schedule page seems to lead
to the wrong talk, and i can't find it in the Commons directory or the
prototype.wikimedia.org server...

Thanks,
-- Hay

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 2:40 PM, Hay (Husky)<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for all the work guys. It's great to see that all talks are
> already available on Commons in a free format!
>
> Now i just need to find the time to watch them all :)
>
> -- Hay
>
> On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 12:05 AM, Roan Kattouw<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> 2009/8/28 Brion Vibber <[hidden email]>:
>>> Big thanks to everybody on the local team who worked on shooting and
>>> encoding the videos, and to Roan Kattouw for setting up the temporary upload
>>> location on our Usability Initiative staging server. Between the streaming
>>> and the next-day downloads, this has been the most remote-accessible
>>> Wikimania yet!
>>>
>>> Roan and Andrew Garrett will be importing the Ogg-encoded files to their
>>> permanent home in Commons within the next couple days.
>>>
>> Actually, the day 0, 1 and 2 talks have already been imported to
>> Commons (thanks Andrew!). They don't have a license tag right now, and
>> most of them aren't categorized yet, but we're sorting that out. If we
>> don't sort out everything to the finest detail, I'm sure the Commons
>> community will be willing to fix it.
>>
>> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikimania_2009_presentations
>>
>> Roan Kattouw (Catrope)

Re: second day: videos

Brion Vibber-3
On 8/29/09 9:51 AM, Hay (Husky) wrote:
> Just wondering, is the talk about the survey results by Jan Philipp
> Schmidt already available? The link on the schedule page seems to lead
> to the wrong talk, and i can't find it in the Commons directory or the
> prototype.wikimedia.org server...

Seems to have gone missing for the moment. :(

In the meantime I've removed the bogus link from the schedule page (and
taken the liberty of replacing the links to the temporary server with
links to the versions that have been uploaded on Commons, yay!)

-- brion

Re: second day: videos

Hay (Husky)
On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Brion Vibber<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Seems to have gone missing for the moment. :(

That's a real pity :( Is there any other place where i can find some
of the results of the survey?

-- Hay

Re: second day: videos

Patricio Lorente
2009/8/29 Hay (Husky) <[hidden email]>:
> On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Brion Vibber<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Seems to have gone missing for the moment. :(
>
> That's a real pity :( Is there any other place where i can find some
> of the results of the survey?

Some sessions haven't being uploaded yet. The missing videos will be
up during the week end (hopefully, today).

                                 Patricio

2009/8/29 Patricio Lorente <[hidden email]>:

> 2009/8/29 Hay (Husky) <[hidden email]>:
>> On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Brion Vibber<[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Seems to have gone missing for the moment. :(
>>
>> That's a real pity :( Is there any other place where i can find some
>> of the results of the survey?
>
> Some sessions haven't *been* uploaded yet. The missing videos will be
> up during the week end (hopefully, today).
>
>                                 Patricio
>
> --
> Patricio Lorente
> Mensajería Instantánea: [hidden email]
> Blog: http://www.patriciolorente.com.ar
> Clave Pública GPG: http://www.patriciolorente.com.ar/pl-GPG.txt

--
Patricio Lorente
Mensajería Instantánea: [hidden email]
Blog: http://www.patriciolorente.com.ar
Clave Pública GPG: http://www.patriciolorente.com.ar/pl-GPG.txt

Re: second day: videos

Hay (Husky)
On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 3:50 PM, Patricio
Lorente<[hidden email]> wrote:
> 2009/8/29 Hay (Husky) <[hidden email]>:
>> On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Brion Vibber<[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Seems to have gone missing for the moment. :(
>>
>> That's a real pity :( Is there any other place where i can find some
>> of the results of the survey?
Thanks! From Brion's reply i got the impression that they weren't made
or got lost or something, but if they will be uploaded soon that would
be great!

-- Hay

Re: second day: videos

Roan Kattouw-2
2009/8/29 Patricio Lorente <[hidden email]>:
>> Some sessions haven't *been* uploaded yet. The missing videos will be
>> up during the week end (hopefully, today).

Some of the missing sessions, like the Stallman keynote, have been
uploaded now. Due to disk space issues I've had to delete all of the
videos of day 1 that had already been imported to Commons. I realize
that's not ideal and I apologize, but we needed the space for the
remaining day 3 videos.

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)