share images between different Wikis

Andrea Arena
hello,

at the beginning, my english is not very well.

I've two different wikis (a German & an Italian WIki), they are connected
via interwiki links.
These Wikis have a CommonSettings.php.

How I can use images for the German and Italian Wiki at the same time?

At the moment the CommonSettings.php looks like:

## To enable image ads, make sure the 'images' directory
## is writable, then uncomment this:
$wgEnableUploads = true;
$wgUseImageResize = true;
$wgUseImageMagick = true;
$wgImageMagickConvertCommand = "/usr/local/bin/convert";
######################################
# If you operate multiple wikis, you can define a shared upload
# path here. Uploads to this wiki will NOT be put there - they
# will be put into $wgUploadDirectory.
#
# If $wgUseSharedUploads is set, the wiki will look in the
# shared repository if no file of the given name is found in
# the local repository (for [[Image:..]], [[Media:..]] links).
# Thumbnails will also be looked for and generated in this
# directory.
#
$wgSharedUploadPath = 'http://www.xxx.ch/common/wiki/images';
# Path on the file system where shared uploads can be found
$wgSharedUploadDirectory = '/home/xxx/public_html/common/wiki/images';
# Set this to false especially if you have a set of files that need to be
# accessible by all wikis, and you do not want to use the hash (path/a/aa/)
# directory layout.
$wgHashedSharedUploadDirectory = true;
$wgSharedUploadDBname = 'The German(default) Wiki';

$wgUploadPath       = "http://www.xxx.ch/common/wiki/images";
$wgUploadDirectory  = "/home/xxx/public_html/common/wiki/images";

Re: share images between different Wikis

Andrea Arena
I need help please.

andy

Re: Re: share images between different Wikis

Rob Church

Rob Church

On 29/01/06, Andrea Arena <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I need help please.
>
> andy

Re: share images between different Wikis

Andrea Arena
I need help.
I can't be the first with this problem.

Where can I find a solution or an article/tutorial
to share images between different wikis?

andy

Re: share images between different Wikis

Rob Church
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Configuration_settings#Shared_uploads

Rob Church

On 24/02/06, Andrea Arena <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I need help.
> I can't be the first with this problem.
>
> Where can I find a solution or an article/tutorial
> to share images between different wikis?
>
> andy

Re: share images between different Wikis

Andrea Arena
ok, i changed it a little bit. But it doesn't wok.

the upload functioned. It saves the pictures on the correct path.
http://www.xxx.ch/common/wiki/images/d/d1/Heckert_GNU_white.png

New is this message:
When i want to see the picture Heckert_GNU_white.png from the mainwikidb
 into the shopdatabase,
http://www.xxx.ch/shop/Bild:Heckert_GNU_white.png, i see the error:

Es gab einen Syntaxfehler in der Datenbankabfrage. Die letzte Datenbankabfrage
lautete:
(SQL query hidden)
aus der Funktion "Image::loadFromDB". MySQL meldete den Fehler
 "1044: Access denied for user
'xxx_shop'@'localhost' to database 'xxx_wikixxx' (localhost)".

######################
## To enable image ads, make sure the 'images' directory
## is writable, then uncomment this:
$wgEnableUploads = true;
$wgUseImageResize = true;
$wgUseImageMagick = true;
$wgImageMagickConvertCommand = "/usr/local/bin/convert";
#######################
### Default skin
#you can change the default skin. Use the internal symbolic
# names, ie 'standard', 'nostalgia', 'cologneblue', 'monobook':
$wgDefaultSkin = 'monobook';
$wgLogo             = "http://www.xxx.ch/common/wiki/logo.png";
### Images

[...]

$wgSharedUploadDBname = 'xxx_wikixxx';
$wgSharedUploadDBprefix = '';
#$wgSharedUploadDBname = 'xxx_wikishop';

$wgUseSharedUploads = true;
$wgCacheSharedUploads = true;
$wgHashedSharedUploadDirectory = true;
$wgFetchCommonsDescriptions = true;