speed of SMW_refreshData.php

Benjamin Good-3
I am working on upgrading a fairly large smw install (75,000 pages) to the
new SMWSQLStore3.  I am on the step
php SMW_refreshData.php -v -b SMWSQLStore3
from here
http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Installation#With_shell_access

It seems to be working, but it is extremely slow.  Estimating its going to
take 3-4 days to finish on a 2.3 gh macbook.
Is there any way to speed it up ?

thanks!
-Ben

Re: speed of SMW_refreshData.php

thingles
If you specify start and end pages you could run more than one at a time. I would think it would be fine to run 1 per core in your machine without too much issue. You could write a bash script to do this or just to it by hand with a few prompts open.
Jamie Thingelstad
[hidden email]
mobile: 612-810-3699
find me on AIM Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

On Apr 15, 2013, at 7:15 PM, Benjamin Good <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am working on upgrading a fairly large smw install (75,000 pages) to the
> new SMWSQLStore3.  I am on the step
> php SMW_refreshData.php -v -b SMWSQLStore3
> from here
> http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Installation#With_shell_access
>
> It seems to be working, but it is extremely slow.  Estimating its going to
> take 3-4 days to finish on a 2.3 gh macbook.
> Is there any way to speed it up ?
>
> thanks!
> -Ben

Re: speed of SMW_refreshData.php

Benjamin Good-3
Thanks Jamie!,

Not knowing much about whats going on behind the scenes I wouldn't have
tried to get things going in parallel..  Three processes are running
simultaneously now without any issue and it seems I could probably get a
few more going.  Much faster!

yay
-Ben