sql-s5 (dewiki) will be read-only tomorrow

sql-s5 (dewiki) will be read-only tomorrow

DaB.-2
Hello all,

s5 (dewiki) is the next cluster for re-setup. I already got a fresh dump from
the WMF and imported it too on a server. The next step is to move the user-
databases over. For this I have to switch s5 into read-only. The read-only-
phase will start at

Tomorrow, Thursday after 13:00 UTC.

s5 carries a few very big user-databases, so I think the movement will take
more an 1 day. Below is a list of the biggest user-databases, maybe their
owners can take a look if some clean-up is possible?
Unfortunately s5 can not stay at the new place because the server belongs to
OSM. So a second read-only-phase will happen in near future (that one should
be a bit faster because I will just rsync files around instead of importing).

Sincerely,
DaB.

1.2G    u_lvova_golem_s2_zh
1.3G    u_hroest
1.3G    u_rdf_bots
1.6G    u_multichill_commons_categories_p
1.7G    u_lvova_golem_s5_de
1.8G    u_mauro742
2.7G    u_dschwen
20G     p_merlbot_dewiki_lists
51G     p_globalusage_weekly_p

--
Userpage: [[:w:de:User:DaB.]] — PGP: 0x2d3ee2d42b255885

Re: sql-s5 (dewiki) will be read-only tomorrow

Bryan Tong Minh

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 1:10 PM, DaB. <[hidden email]> wrote:
51G     p_globalusage_weekly_p

Is anybody using this database? I recall setting it up together with somebody (Maarten?). If the information is not used by anybody, I don't oppose dropping the database.

Bryan

Re: sql-s5 (dewiki) will be read-only tomorrow

Mashiah Davidson
u_lvova_golem_XXX databases are safe to skip during the move. Golem will re-create those bases on the new host. Size of those bases depends on actual connectivity situation and after re-creation the size will be similar to what it is now.

By the way, I've found s2 to be much slower after re-setup than the server, which handled both previously, s2 and s5.

mashiah

At Thursday 21 February 2013 14:40:00 DaB. wrote:
> The read-only-
> phase will start at
>
> Tomorrow, Thursday after 13:00 UTC.

sorry I'm late (you have no idea how long it take a DIY-store-worker to cut
some simple rectangle planks…). I will start immediately.

Sincerely,
DaB.

--
Userpage: [[:w:de:User:DaB.]] — PGP: 0x2d3ee2d42b255885

Re: sql-s5 (dewiki) will be read-only tomorrow

DaB.-2
Hello again,
At Thursday 21 February 2013 14:57:35 DaB. wrote:
> > Tomorrow, Thursday after 13:00 UTC.
>
> sorry I'm late (you have no idea how long it take a DIY-store-worker to
> cut  some simple rectangle planks…). I will start immediately.

I just found (ok, Nosy pointed me) an eMail by Asher telling me that in
addition to the movement of wikidata from s2 to s5 (see my other mail) the WMF
also made some shema-changes on s5 (I guess only on wikidata, but not sure)
which are not in the binlogs and therefor we have to re-import s5 to make sure
we have all data.
For this reason there will be no movement of the user-databases today (I will
switch s5 back to read/write in a moment). I will message you again when we
are ready but it will take at least 2 days.
Most certainly we will also have no up2date wikidata-data for the same
timeframe.

Sincerely,
DaB.

--
Userpage: [[:w:de:User:DaB.]] — PGP: 0x2d3ee2d42b255885