srwiki_p database incosistency

Горан Обрадовић
Around 2000 (~0.01%) revisions from replicated srwiki_p database seem
to be missing on Toolserver.

For example, revision 5242120 exists in database[1], but doesn't exist
on Toolserver.

Does anybody know the reason for this anomaly?

P.S.
I know that I should open a Jira bug, but because of unknown reason I
can't log in Jira. I have username 'celicni', but I can't log in, and
when try to reset password, I get 'No user with that username exists.'

[1] http://sr.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=%D0%9F%D0%B8&diff=5242120&oldid=5190650

Cheers,
Goran Obradovic

Re: srwiki_p database incosistency

Marlen Caemmerer-3
Hello,

On Tue, 9 Apr 2013, Горан Обрадовић wrote:

> Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 23:55:28
>
> Around 2000 (~0.01%) revisions from replicated srwiki_p database seem
> to be missing on Toolserver.
>
> For example, revision 5242120 exists in database[1], but doesn't exist
> on Toolserver.
>
> Does anybody know the reason for this anomaly?

This reminds me of a big bug I was not able to track down.
It seems we have database inconsistencies quite soon after we setup fresh data from WMF db servers.
This problem occurs even if we only use the replication integrated into MySQL.

I wrote to the database gurus at WMF about that some weeks ago but I got no mail back and I dont know how to resolve this issue.

Sorry to have to say this but I am afraid even a new setup s3 would only be a very temporary fix.

Cheers
  Marlen/nosy

Re: srwiki_p database incosistency

K. Peachey-2
On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 6:12 PM, Marlen Caemmerer
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I wrote to the database gurus at WMF about that some weeks ago but I got no
> mail back and I dont know how to resolve this issue.
>
> Sorry to have to say this but I am afraid even a new setup s3 would only be
> a very temporary fix.
>
> Cheers
>         Marlen/nosy

If you file it under Bugzilla -> Wikimedia, then people can poke and
prod the right people to make sure it gets looked at.

Re: srwiki_p database incosistency

Marlen Caemmerer-3
Hey,

On Fri, 12 Apr 2013, K. Peachey wrote:

> If you file it under Bugzilla -> Wikimedia, then people can poke and
> prod the right people to make sure it gets looked at.

Filed it in RT :).

Cheers
  Marlen/nosy

Re: srwiki_p database incosistency

Platonides
On 12/04/13 10:12, Marlen Caemmerer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Tue, 9 Apr 2013, Горан Обрадовић wrote:
>
>> Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 23:55:28
>>
>> Around 2000 (~0.01%) revisions from replicated srwiki_p database seem
>> to be missing on Toolserver.
>>
>> For example, revision 5242120 exists in database[1], but doesn't exist
>> on Toolserver.
>>
>> Does anybody know the reason for this anomaly?
>
> This reminds me of a big bug I was not able to track down.
> It seems we have database inconsistencies quite soon after we setup
> fresh data from WMF db servers.

What kind of inconsistencies? Is it always on the same fields?

> This problem occurs even if we only use the replication integrated into
> MySQL.
>
> I wrote to the database gurus at WMF about that some weeks ago but I got
> no mail back and I dont know how to resolve this issue.

Barring a mysql bug (hopefully unlikely), and given that WMF slaves are
-supposedly- unaffected I can only think in a configuration difference
which is affecting in the interpretation of the replicated statements.
Is toolserver ignoring some tables? I remember a mysql bug where actions
on ignored tables corrupted replication (but I thought it was fixed!).