ssl certificate

Andre Koopal
Hi,

FYI, the ssl certificate for the https website just expired, can that be
renewed?

Regards,

Andre

Re: ssl certificate

Marlen Caemmerer-3
Hey,

I tried that already on Friday but there are a few organizational questions open that will be answered today I think.

Cheers
  Marlen/nosy

Re: ssl certificate

Silke Meyer
Hi all!
I have to specify the exact webserver and can't skip that step.
Which one would I have to enter here??? Apache2? Zeus v3? <- possible
choices I have...

Thanks, Silke

P.S. Sorry I didn't manage to do this in Amsterdam, it was simply one
task too much.

2013/5/27 Marlen Caemmerer <[hidden email]>:

> Hey,
>
> I tried that already on Friday but there are a few organizational questions
> open that will be answered today I think.
>
> Cheers
>         Marlen/nosy

Silke Meyer
Internes IT-Management und Projektmanagement Toolserver

Tel. (030) 219 158 260

http://wikimedia.de

unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das

Re: ssl certificate

Marlen Caemmerer-3
Hey Silke,

On Mon, 27 May 2013, Silke Meyer wrote:
> I have to specify the exact webserver and can't skip that step.
> Which one would I have to enter here??? Apache2? Zeus v3? <- possible

Please choose Apache.

Cheers
  Marlen/nosy

Re: ssl certificate

Marlen Caemmerer-3
Hey,

installed SSL cert.

Cheers
  Marlen/nosy

Re: ssl certificate

Tim Landscheidt
Marlen Caemmerer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> installed SSL cert.

Doesn't work at least on FishEye and JIRA.

Tim

Re: ssl certificate

Marlen Caemmerer-3
On Mon, 27 May 2013, Tim Landscheidt wrote:
>> installed SSL cert.
>
> Doesn't work at least on FishEye and JIRA.

Damn...forgot this installation...fixed.

Re: ssl certificate

Tim Landscheidt
Marlen Caemmerer <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> installed SSL cert.

>> Doesn't work at least on FishEye and JIRA.

> Damn...forgot this installation...fixed.

And works -- thanks!  I closed
https://jira.toolserver.org/browse/TS-1657.

Tim

Re: ssl certificate

Tim Landscheidt
I wrote:

>>> Doesn't work at least on FishEye and JIRA.

>> Damn...forgot this installation...fixed.

> And works -- thanks!  I closed
> https://jira.toolserver.org/browse/TS-1657.

Matthew found an issue with the certificate that prevents
using for example curl with the toolserver:

| scfc@tools-login:~$ curl https://toolserver.org/
| curl: (60) SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
| error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
| More details here: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html
|
| curl performs SSL certificate verification by default, using a "bundle"
|  of Certificate Authority (CA) public keys (CA certs). If the default
|  bundle file isn't adequate, you can specify an alternate file
|  using the --cacert option.
| If this HTTPS server uses a certificate signed by a CA represented in
|  the bundle, the certificate verification probably failed due to a
|  problem with the certificate (it might be expired, or the name might
|  not match the domain name in the URL).
| If you'd like to turn off curl's verification of the certificate, use
|  the -k (or --insecure) option.
| scfc@tools-login:~$

curl on yarrow gives the same result.  Matthew added the
link
https://www.digicert.com/help/index.htm?host=https://toolserver.org/
to the JIRA issue that gives as error:

| SSL Certificate is not trusted

| The certificate is not signed by a trusted authority (check-
| ing against Mozilla's root store).  If you bought the cer-
| tificate from a trusted authority, you probably just need to
| install one or more Intermediate certificates.  Contact your
| certificate provider for assistance doing this for your
| server platform.

The curl problem occurs with fisheye, jira, svn and wiki as
well.

Tim