subpages list

Fxp

subpages list

Fxp
Hello,

Has anybody seen an extension or a trick to list the subpages of a page.
  I would like to show the list of a subpages and maybe there could be a
variable to store this list, which would allow me to diplay it where I
want in the monobook.

Any idea?

Thanks,
François

Re: subpages list

Mutante
FxParlant wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Has anybody seen an extension or a trick to list the subpages of a page.
>   I would like to show the list of a subpages

Try this on the mysql console:

mysql> select page_title from page where page_title LIKE "SomePage%";

If you use something like this in your own extension, you could create a
<subpage>SomePage</subpage> tag which returns the list of subpages and
put that into a template.

--
Mutante / S23
http://s23.org/wiki/
Fxp

Re: subpages list

Fxp
Thank your very much dear Mutante,

I don't know why, I expected a very complex query with a lot of aliases
between multiple tables.
So now I've got to find how to hack the code which displays the "uppage"
to make also show the subpages.

Thanks again
François

Mutante wrote:

> FxParlant wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Has anybody seen an extension or a trick to list the subpages of a page.
>>   I would like to show the list of a subpages
>
> Try this on the mysql console:
>
> mysql> select page_title from page where page_title LIKE "SomePage%";
>
> If you use something like this in your own extension, you could create a
> <subpage>SomePage</subpage> tag which returns the list of subpages and
> put that into a template.

Re: subpages list

Joshua Yeidel
A small point:  wouldn't you want to include the forward slash in the query,
to avoid hits for pages which coincidentally begin with "SomePage", but are
not actually subpages?

mysql> select page_title from page where page_title LIKE "SomePage/%";

-- Joshua

On 4/1/06 11:25 AM, "Mutante" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> FxParlant wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Has anybody seen an extension or a trick to list the subpages of a page.
>>   I would like to show the list of a subpages
>
> Try this on the mysql console:
>
> mysql> select page_title from page where page_title LIKE "SomePage%";
>
> If you use something like this in your own extension, you could create a
> <subpage>SomePage</subpage> tag which returns the list of subpages and
> put that into a template.

Fxp

Re: subpages list

Fxp
Hi Joshua,

Nice eyeshot Joshua, very effectiv detail.

Thanks

François

Joshua Yeidel wrote:

> A small point:  wouldn't you want to include the forward slash in the query,
> to avoid hits for pages which coincidentally begin with "SomePage", but are
> not actually subpages?
>
> mysql> select page_title from page where page_title LIKE "SomePage/%";
>
> -- Joshua
>

> On 4/1/06 11:25 AM, "Mutante" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> FxParlant wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Has anybody seen an extension or a trick to list the subpages of a page.
>>>   I would like to show the list of a subpages
>> Try this on the mysql console:
>>
>> mysql> select page_title from page where page_title LIKE "SomePage%";
>>
>> If you use something like this in your own extension, you could create a
>> <subpage>SomePage</subpage> tag which returns the list of subpages and
>> put that into a template.

Re: subpages list

Domas Mituzas
Hi,

> Nice eyeshot Joshua, very effectiv detail.

One of possible tricks is {{Special:PrefixIndex/Page/}} - here, a
list of subpages embedded \o/

Domas