surveying Wiki editors?

Misha Teplitskiy
Dear Wikipedia researchers,

I'm working on a paper that would benefit from knowing more about a given set of Wikipedia editors. Does anyone have experience surveying Wikipedia editors? Can someone point me to literature that has done this or discuss how one might go about doing it?

From what I understand, it is possible to private-message registered Wiki editors from a registered account, but perhaps there are considerations/limitations I should keep in mind?

Thanks!

Re: surveying Wiki editors?

Federico Leva (Nemo)
Misha Teplitskiy, 02/03/2017 15:56:
> Does anyone have experience surveying Wikipedia editors? Can someone
> point me to literature that has done this or discuss how one might go
> about doing it?

See https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Editor_Survey

Nemo

Re: surveying Wiki editors?

Jonathan Morgan
Hi Misha,

You might find the survey support desk to be a useful resource for guidance on the do's and don't's of survey design and deployment.

Best,
Jonathan

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 6:56 AM, Misha Teplitskiy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Wikipedia researchers,

I'm working on a paper that would benefit from knowing more about a given set of Wikipedia editors. Does anyone have experience surveying Wikipedia editors? Can someone point me to literature that has done this or discuss how one might go about doing it?

From what I understand, it is possible to private-message registered Wiki editors from a registered account, but perhaps there are considerations/limitations I should keep in mind?

Thanks!

Jonathan T. Morgan
Senior Design Researcher