templates

Mauro do Carmo-2
Hi all,

Let's say I have a page I want to use as template. However, let's say this page
has external links at the bottom.

My question is: If I don't want those links, can I include just part of this
page as template?

Or in order words: Can I say how many lines I want to be included in other page
using 'referring to the template'?

I think this tool in a template command would be very, very powerful.

thanks a lot,
mauro.

Re: templates

Bugzilla from rowan.collins@gmail.com
On 30/01/06, Mauro do Carmo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> My question is: If I don't want those links, can I include just part of this
> page as template?
>
> Or in order words: Can I say how many lines I want to be included in other page
> using 'referring to the template'?

Well, in recent versions (possibly only 1.6alpha, though it may be in
1.5 as well) you can use <noinclude> and <includeonly> tags to enclose
parts of a template you only want displayed when viewing it directly,
or only when including it onto another page, respectively.

--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]