to avoid a table to "float"

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

to avoid a table to "float"

Frames Project
Hello,

How to avoid a table to "migrate" to the bottom of the displayed Page
and stay where it has been written ?
I read the manual and saw nothing about this.
Thanks
F. Colonna
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: to avoid a table to "float"

Bugzilla from rowan.collins@gmail.com
On 26/04/06, Frames Project <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How to avoid a table to "migrate" to the bottom of the displayed Page
> and stay where it has been written ?
> I read the manual and saw nothing about this.
> Thanks
> F. Colonna

Hi,
I think you'll have to be more specific about the problem before
anyone will be able to help. If the page you're trying to edit is on a
public site, please provide a link for people to look at; if not,
perhaps you could copy it to an appropriate space (such as a sandbox)
on a public site and post that link.

--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: to avoid a table to "float"

Frames Project
Rowan Collins wrote:

>On 26/04/06, Frames Project <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>How to avoid a table to "migrate" to the bottom of the displayed Page
>>and stay where it has been written ?
>>I read the manual and saw nothing about this.
>>Thanks
>>F. Colonna
>>    
>>
>
>Hi,
>I think you'll have to be more specific about the problem before
>anyone will be able to help. If the page you're trying to edit is on a
>public site, please provide a link for people to look at; if not,
>perhaps you could copy it to an appropriate space (such as a sandbox)
>on a public site and post that link.
>
>--
>Rowan Collins BSc
>[IMSoP]
>
>  
>
sure, here is the link to the page:
http://galileo.lct.jussieu.fr/~frames/WIKI/mediawiki/index.php/Wave_Function

while the table of the 3  images  is written  in "UML Diagrams" paragraph,
the tables are diplayed at the bottom  of the page
not just below "UML Diagrams".

I am using Mozilla.

Fran├žois Colonna
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: to avoid a table to "float"

Reinhardt-2
On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 16:55:05 +0200
 Frames Project <[hidden email]> wrote:


> sure, here is the link to the page:
> http://galileo.lct.jussieu.fr/~frames/WIKI/mediawiki/index.php/Wave_Function
>

> Fran├žois Colonna

Salut!

http://galileo.lct.jussieu.fr/~frames/WIKI/mediawiki/index.php/Special:Version
shows *MediaWiki: 1.3.9*

This is quite old. Can you upgrade?

best regards reinhardt [[user:gangleri]]
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: to avoid a table to "float"

Brion Vibber
In reply to this post by Frames Project
Frames Project wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How to avoid a table to "migrate" to the bottom of the displayed Page
> and stay where it has been written ?

Usually a problem like this means the table tags were not closed properly. Some
browsers end up displaying the rest of the text at the top, and then the table
contents below.

Try changing this line:
|-}

to this:
|}

Also, you should upgrade your MediaWiki installation. If you don't want to jump
all the way to 1.6 right away, I strongly recommend at least updating to 1.3.18;
there have been a number of bug fix and security fix releases on the 1.3 branch
since 1.3.9.

You can download the older-branch releases of MediaWiki at:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=34373&package_id=93103

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)


_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l

signature.asc (257 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: to avoid a table to "float"

Reinhardt-2
Thanks Brion!

http://galileo.lct.jussieu.fr/~frames/WIKI/mediawiki/index.php?title=A_Wave_Function&diff=0&oldid=7194

fixed the problem.

best regards reinhardt [[user:gangleri]]

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:58:34 -0700
 Brion Vibber <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Frames Project wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > How to avoid a table to "migrate" to the bottom of the displayed Page
> > and stay where it has been written ?
>
> Usually a problem like this means the table tags were not closed properly.
> Some
> browsers end up displaying the rest of the text at the top, and then the
> table
> contents below.
>
> Try changing this line:
> |-}
>
> to this:
> |}
>
> Also, you should upgrade your MediaWiki installation. If you don't want to
> jump
> all the way to 1.6 right away, I strongly recommend at least updating to
> 1.3.18;
> there have been a number of bug fix and security fix releases on the 1.3
> branch
> since 1.3.9.
>
> You can download the older-branch releases of MediaWiki at:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=34373&package_id=93103
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l