translation invitation for Wikizine

Walter Vermeir-2
Hi everybody,

I am [[meta:user:Walter]], the one that is making the newsletter
Wikizine about the Wikimedia Foundation projects. My newsletter is in
English. Some time ago people have volunteered to start making
translations of Wikizine.

Currently there is besides English also Deutsch,  Español and Indonesia.
 The people making the Español seems to have lost interest and this
version will be suspended soon if there are no takers to take it over.

Deutsch and Indonesia have only one person to work on it. The person
working on the German version is not able to provide translations of all
editions because of real live work but is definitely not giving up.

The person making the Indonesia edition seems to mange to do it alone
for now.

If there would be people interested to help out with an language edition
of Wikizine then that would be very useful.

Especially for the German edition. That would be the least work because
the bulk of the work will be done by Mbimmler who does the DE Wikizine
version.  It would be helping out when Mbimmler is to busy.

For ES WIkizine there seems be nobody left so that would be more work. I
prefer to have fewer languages that can operate good instead of more
unrealible languages services.

This mailing list is for Wikimedia Foundation translation matters,
Wikizine is about Wikimedia Foundation matters but is not a WMF project.
This posting is more a FYI, maybe there are here people who have fun in
translating and are interested. If so then there work would be very welcome.

But the primary responsibility for people to help out are the respective
languages communities who until now do not show any interest.

Greetings,
Walter Vermeir

http://www.wikizine.org

--
Contact: walter AT wikizine DOT org
Wikizine.org - news for and about the Wikimedia community

Re: translation invitation for Wikizine

Pedro Sanchez-2
On 6/17/07, Walter Vermeir <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I am [[meta:user:Walter]], the one that is making the newsletter
> Wikizine about the Wikimedia Foundation projects. My newsletter is in
> English. Some time ago people have volunteered to start making
> translations of Wikizine.
>
> Currently there is besides English also Deutsch,  Español and Indonesia.
>  The people making the Español seems to have lost interest and this
> version will be suspended soon if there are no takers to take it over.
>
> Deutsch and Indonesia have only one person to work on it. The person
> working on the German version is not able to provide translations of all
> editions because of real live work but is definitely not giving up.
>
> The person making the Indonesia edition seems to mange to do it alone
> for now.
>
> If there would be people interested to help out with an language edition
> of Wikizine then that would be very useful.
>
> Especially for the German edition. That would be the least work because
> the bulk of the work will be done by Mbimmler who does the DE Wikizine
> version.  It would be helping out when Mbimmler is to busy.
>
> For ES WIkizine there seems be nobody left so that would be more work. I
> prefer to have fewer languages that can operate good instead of more
> unrealible languages services.
>
> This mailing list is for Wikimedia Foundation translation matters,
> Wikizine is about Wikimedia Foundation matters but is not a WMF project.
> This posting is more a FYI, maybe there are here people who have fun in
> translating and are interested. If so then there work would be very welcome.
>
> But the primary responsibility for people to help out are the respective
> languages communities who until now do not show any interest.
>
> Greetings,
> Walter Vermeir
>
> http://www.wikizine.org
>
> --
> Contact: walter AT wikizine DOT org
> Wikizine.org - news for and about the Wikimedia community
> English - Deutsch - Indonesia

It was commented on spanish village pump, where several of us asked
how to articipate, but I guess I missed the reply, so,how can we
participate?

Pedro Sanchez schreef:
 > It was commented on spanish village pump, where several of us asked
> how to articipate, but I guess I missed the reply, so,how can we
> participate?

That is easy; by letting me know like you do now. I will send you
offlist instructions.

Thanks,
Walter

--
Contact: walter AT wikizine DOT org
Wikizine.org - news for and about the Wikimedia community
English - Deutsch - Indonesia

Re: translation invitation for Wikizine

Lívia Cravo
Hi!
I'd like to participate too. I can help with Spanish, or even in Portuguese if you're interested to it.
I'll wait for your reply.
Thanks,
Lívia

2007/6/18, Lívia Cravo <[hidden email]>:

> Hi!
> I'd like to participate too. I can help with Spanish, or even in Portuguese if you're interested to it.
> I'll wait for your reply.
> Thanks,
> Lívia

I think for now it is best to work on the Spanish version. At least
for Spanish there is now hope that you will not have to do it alone.

Currently there is no Portuguese edition. That could be created. But
then you will be alone to do it. Helping with ES Wikizine is, at least
for now, better I think.

I will send you off list an email to continue about this.

Greetings,
Walter