transport from Milan airports to Esino Lario

transport from Milan airports to Esino Lario

Iolanda Pensa
dear all
we plan to have direct busses (if there are reservations) to Esino Lario on Tuesday 21st and Thursday 23rd
* from Milano Malpensa at 11am, 3 pm and 9pm
* from Linate at 3pm
* from Orio al serio at 7pm

The direct return busses will be on Monday:
* To Milano Malpensa at 5am (estimated arrival at 7.30am), 9am (estimated arrival at 11.30am) and 2pm (estimated arrival at 4.30pm)
* To Milan at 9am (arrival at 11).
On Sunday there is too much traffic and it is much better to use the train from Varenna to Milano Centrale and then trans/public busses to the airports.

please contact me also off list if you have any suggestion we will try to accomodate. We can not have busses every 2 hours otherwise the cost for a one way ticket is around 150 euro. We will probably add more busses when Wikimedia Foundation will have figure out the tickets for the scholarship recipients and staff members. Please also consider blablacar (car sharing system) if you travel from Italy or if you rent a car.

Regards
Iolanda

Re: transport from Milan airports to Esino Lario

Bence Damokos
Dear Iolanda,

Thank you for this update!
Just to confirm, there are no plans for return buses to Orio al Serio on Monday, 27 June?

Best regards,
Bence

Iolanda Pensa <[hidden email]> ezt írta (időpont: 2016. máj. 15., V, 10:28):
[...]

Joseph Fox
Hey Iolanda,

Related to Bence's question: Does this mean if we need to get to Linate on Monday, it'll require a trip to Milan first of all?

best,
Joe

On Sun, 15 May 2016 at 15:51 Bence Damokos <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Niharika Kohli-2
Hi, thanks for the update lolanda. Could you also tell us if there are going to be any buses to Varenna on the 27th and if so, at what time?

Thanks.

On Sun, May 15, 2016 at 1:57 PM, Iolanda Pensa <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Software Engineer (International)
Wikimedia Foundation
[User:NiharikaKohli]

Re: transport from Milan airports to Esino Lario

Ellie Young
The following is a message for all Wikimania attendees whose travel was arranged and paid for by the WMF  (Staff, Board members, Full Scholarship recipients):

We are presently checking to make sure everyone is registered.   After that I will be sending information to everyone about arranging transportation between the airports and Esino Lario (as well as other options for people who can't use the direct shuttle.)  You do not have to register on the Wikimania '16 conference wiki for the shuttle.

Thanks,

Ellie Young
WMF Events Manager

On Sun, May 15, 2016 at 3:11 PM, Stephen Niedzielski <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Events Manager
Wikimedia Foundation
c. 510 701 8649

Re: transport from Milan airports to Esino Lario

Iolanda Pensa
here you can access the eventbrite for Wikimania 2016 Airport Transfers https://www.eventbrite.com/e/wikimania-2016-airport-transfers-tickets-22670558250
(the link is accessible from Wikimania2016 registration page https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Registration
iolanda

Il giorno 16/mag/2016, alle ore 00:11, Stephen Niedzielski <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

[...]

Thomas PT

> on Monday 27th there will be buses for Varenna at 7.20 (arrival 8.00), 8.40 (arrival 9.20) and 16.47 (arrival 17.27).
then you could take the train from Varenna to Milan.

> These are certain; we are deciding in these days if we will increase them.
It would be very nice! It also would be nice to have on wiki a description of the trip from main Milan train stations to Essino Lario with the schedule of the trains from/to Varenna and the buses between Varenna and Essino Lario.

Thomas

> Le 16 mai 2016 à 17:38, Ciell Wikipedia <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> A bus to Milan on the 27th would be appreciated!
>
> Ciell

> We can add busses to Linate and Orio al Serio according to the requests; we might have 1-2 departures according to the times requested. I imagined people might be interested to go to Milan; but we will not organize a bus if there are not.
> iolanda
>

>> Il giorno 15/mag/2016, alle ore 16:51, Bence Damokos <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>>
>> Dear Iolanda,
>>
>> Thank you for this update!
>> Just to confirm, there are no plans for return buses to Orio al Serio on Monday, 27 June?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Bence
>>
>> Iolanda Pensa <[hidden email]> ezt írta (időpont: 2016. máj. 15., V, 10:28):
>> dear all
>> we plan to have direct busses (if there are reservations) to Esino Lario on Tuesday 21st and Thursday 23rd
>> * from Milano Malpensa at 11am, 3 pm and 9pm
>> * from Linate at 3pm
>> * from Orio al serio at 7pm
>>
>> The direct return busses will be on Monday:
>> * To Milano Malpensa at 5am (estimated arrival at 7.30am), 9am (estimated arrival at 11.30am) and 2pm (estimated arrival at 4.30pm)
>> * To Milan at 9am (arrival at 11).
>> On Sunday there is too much traffic and it is much better to use the train from Varenna to Milano Centrale and then trans/public busses to the airports.
>>
>> please contact me also off list if you have any suggestion we will try to accomodate. We can not have busses every 2 hours otherwise the cost for a one way ticket is around 150 euro. We will probably add more busses when Wikimedia Foundation will have figure out the tickets for the scholarship recipients and staff members. Please also consider blablacar (car sharing system) if you travel from Italy or if you rent a car.
>>
>> Regards
>> Iolanda

Re: transport from Milan airports to Esino Lario

Iolanda Pensa
> It would be very nice! It also would be nice to have on wiki a description of the trip from main Milan train stations to Essino Lario with the schedule of the trains from/to Varenna and the buses between Varenna and Essino Lario.

yes
I am preparing two pages about transport from Milan to Esino (and backwards) and from airports to Esino (and backwards) which will be included in the transport session.
they should be ready by next week; we are expecting the plan of Wikimedia Foundation by the end of this week.
thanks
iolanda

> Il giorno 16/mag/2016, alle ore 19:01, Thomas Tanon <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>

>> on Monday 27th there will be buses for Varenna at 7.20 (arrival 8.00), 8.40 (arrival 9.20) and 16.47 (arrival 17.27).
> then you could take the train from Varenna to Milan.
>
>> These are certain; we are deciding in these days if we will increase them.
> It would be very nice! It also would be nice to have on wiki a description of the trip from main Milan train stations to Essino Lario with the schedule of the trains from/to Varenna and the buses between Varenna and Essino Lario.
>
> Thomas
>
>> Le 16 mai 2016 à 17:38, Ciell Wikipedia <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> A bus to Milan on the 27th would be appreciated!
>>
>> Ciell

>> We can add busses to Linate and Orio al Serio according to the requests; we might have 1-2 departures according to the times requested. I imagined people might be interested to go to Milan; but we will not organize a bus if there are not.
>> iolanda
>>

>>> Il giorno 15/mag/2016, alle ore 16:51, Bence Damokos <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>>>
>>> Dear Iolanda,
>>>
>>> Thank you for this update!
>>> Just to confirm, there are no plans for return buses to Orio al Serio on Monday, 27 June?
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Bence
>>>
>>> Iolanda Pensa <[hidden email]> ezt írta (időpont: 2016. máj. 15., V, 10:28):
>>> dear all
>>> we plan to have direct busses (if there are reservations) to Esino Lario on Tuesday 21st and Thursday 23rd
>>> * from Milano Malpensa at 11am, 3 pm and 9pm
>>> * from Linate at 3pm
>>> * from Orio al serio at 7pm
>>>
>>> The direct return busses will be on Monday:
>>> * To Milano Malpensa at 5am (estimated arrival at 7.30am), 9am (estimated arrival at 11.30am) and 2pm (estimated arrival at 4.30pm)
>>> * To Milan at 9am (arrival at 11).
>>> On Sunday there is too much traffic and it is much better to use the train from Varenna to Milano Centrale and then trans/public busses to the airports.
>>>
>>> please contact me also off list if you have any suggestion we will try to accomodate. We can not have busses every 2 hours otherwise the cost for a one way ticket is around 150 euro. We will probably add more busses when Wikimedia Foundation will have figure out the tickets for the scholarship recipients and staff members. Please also consider blablacar (car sharing system) if you travel from Italy or if you rent a car.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Iolanda

Re: transport from Milan airports to Esino Lario

Orsolya Virág Gyenes

Dear Iolanda,

Which terminal will the buses leaving from on Malpensa?
Thank you.

2016. máj. 15. 11:28 ezt írta ("Iolanda Pensa" <[hidden email]>):
[...]

Lane Rasberry
Hello,

Like Orsolya - I also want information about finding the bus at the airport.

Whenever there is information, if it could be posted to a Wikimania page, then that would be useful. I would watch for updates there.

Thanks,

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 3:51 PM, Orsolya Virág Gyenes <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

user:bluerasberry on Wikipedia
206.801.0814

Re: transport from Milan airports to Esino Lario

Bence Damokos
Hi all,

In general - when will the individual ticket holders be contacted directly about the most convenient pick up matching their travel times (also considering the limitations)?
Will you offer refunds if no suitable options are available (e.g. there is no shuttle to the relevant airport in a suitable time)?

Thank you for all the hard work you put into organising the event and the logistics,
Best regards,
Bence

Lane Rasberry <[hidden email]> ezt írta (időpont: 2016. máj. 27., P, 20:16):
[...]

we had the meeting with the transport company yesterday and I have now the transport plan (we were waiting for the flight plan of the around 200 people WMF is managing).

give me a moment to put it in a table on wikimania website.
best
iolanda

Il giorno 27 mag 2016, alle ore 21:37, Bence Damokos <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

[...]

Andrew Lih-2
Hi, can you update us on whether the table has been added to the Wikimania web site?

This page which describe “Airport transfers” has no links to anything:

I don’t see a link or table here either:

Thanks.

-Andrew

-Andrew Lih
Associate professor of journalism, American University
Email: [hidden email]
WEB: http://www.andrewlih.com
BOOK: The Wikipedia Revolution: http://www.wikipediarevolution.com
PROJECT: Wiki Makes Video http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Wiki_Makes_Video