transport

Iolanda Pensa

Re: transport

Aude-2
On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 11:42 AM, Iolanda Pensa <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thank you for these schedules.

Think I arrive in terminal 1 at the airport.  If you can give somewhere very specific to meet (specific information desk, cafe, ...), that would help a lot to avoid getting confused when arriving.

Cheers,
Katie

@wikidata

Re: transport

Deb Tankersley
Thank you, Iolanda! :)

--
Deb Tankersley
Product Manager, Discovery

Re: transport

Andy Mabbett-2
On 9 June 2016 at 16:42, Iolanda Pensa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Journey/Airport_busses

Do we need to book? In advance, or at Wikimania?

If not, how can we be sure of having a place?

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing

Re: transport

Lodewijk
Thanks indeed. The schedule of the buses from Varenna to Esino Lario (going towards Wikimania) is missing, it seems. Could that be added too? I suspect I will be arriving by ferry to Varenna.

Best,
Lodewijk

On 9 June 2016 at 16:42, Iolanda Pensa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Journey/Airport_busses

Do we need to book? In advance, or at Wikimania?

If not, how can we be sure of having a place?

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing
http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

Re: transport

Iolanda Pensa
In the page you find Varenna-Esino and Esino-Varenna
please let me know if i did not understand the question.
iolanda

Il giorno 09/giu/2016, alle ore 19:36, Lodewijk <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

Thanks indeed. The schedule of the buses from Varenna to Esino Lario (going towards Wikimania) is missing, it seems. Could that be added too? I suspect I will be arriving by ferry to Varenna.

Best,
Lodewijk

On 9 June 2016 at 16:42, Iolanda Pensa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Journey/Airport_busses

Do we need to book? In advance, or at Wikimania?

If not, how can we be sure of having a place?

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing
http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

Re: transport

Lodewijk
Ah, I think I understand the table now. I understood the first table to be a train table somehow - sorry for the confusion! So buses will only be once every 1,5 hour/2 hour, and take 40 minutes from Varenna to Esino Lario? Lets hope not to miss it then! :)

Lodewijk

In the page you find Varenna-Esino and Esino-Varenna
please let me know if i did not understand the question.
iolanda

Il giorno 09/giu/2016, alle ore 19:36, Lodewijk <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

Thanks indeed. The schedule of the buses from Varenna to Esino Lario (going towards Wikimania) is missing, it seems. Could that be added too? I suspect I will be arriving by ferry to Varenna.

Best,
Lodewijk

On 9 June 2016 at 16:42, Iolanda Pensa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Journey/Airport_busses

Do we need to book? In advance, or at Wikimania?

If not, how can we be sure of having a place?

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing
http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

Re: transport

Andrew Lih-2
Hi Iolanda,

Could I ask what “11am (taxi)” means in terms of transportation from Malpensa? Thanks.

-Andrew Lih
Associate professor of journalism, American University
Email: [hidden email]
WEB: http://www.andrewlih.com
BOOK: The Wikipedia Revolution: http://www.wikipediarevolution.com
PROJECT: Wiki Makes Video http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Wiki_Makes_Video

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 2:30 PM, Iolanda Pensa <[hidden email]> wrote:
In the page you find Varenna-Esino and Esino-Varenna
please let me know if i did not understand the question.
iolanda

Il giorno 09/giu/2016, alle ore 19:36, Lodewijk <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

Thanks indeed. The schedule of the buses from Varenna to Esino Lario (going towards Wikimania) is missing, it seems. Could that be added too? I suspect I will be arriving by ferry to Varenna.

Best,
Lodewijk

On 9 June 2016 at 16:42, Iolanda Pensa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Journey/Airport_busses

Do we need to book? In advance, or at Wikimania?

If not, how can we be sure of having a place?

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing
http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

Re: transport

Andrew Lih-2
Also, the previous Eventbrite link to book tickets is password protected, and it asks to “Contact organizer.”

Thanks.
-Andrew

-Andrew Lih
Associate professor of journalism, American University
Email: [hidden email]
WEB: http://www.andrewlih.com
BOOK: The Wikipedia Revolution: http://www.wikipediarevolution.com
PROJECT: Wiki Makes Video http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Wiki_Makes_Video

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 2:30 PM, Iolanda Pensa <[hidden email]> wrote:
In the page you find Varenna-Esino and Esino-Varenna
please let me know if i did not understand the question.
iolanda

Il giorno 09/giu/2016, alle ore 19:36, Lodewijk <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

Thanks indeed. The schedule of the buses from Varenna to Esino Lario (going towards Wikimania) is missing, it seems. Could that be added too? I suspect I will be arriving by ferry to Varenna.

Best,
Lodewijk

On 9 June 2016 at 16:42, Iolanda Pensa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Journey/Airport_busses

Do we need to book? In advance, or at Wikimania?

If not, how can we be sure of having a place?

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing
http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

Re: transport

Lodewijk
btw, also for the other buses it would be good to know whether we need to book (guess not?).

Lodewijk

Also, the previous Eventbrite link to book tickets is password protected, and it asks to “Contact organizer.”

Thanks.
-Andrew

-Andrew Lih
Associate professor of journalism, American University
Email: [hidden email]
WEB: http://www.andrewlih.com
BOOK: The Wikipedia Revolution: http://www.wikipediarevolution.com
PROJECT: Wiki Makes Video http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Wiki_Makes_Video

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 2:30 PM, Iolanda Pensa <[hidden email]> wrote:
In the page you find Varenna-Esino and Esino-Varenna
please let me know if i did not understand the question.
iolanda

Il giorno 09/giu/2016, alle ore 19:36, Lodewijk <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

Thanks indeed. The schedule of the buses from Varenna to Esino Lario (going towards Wikimania) is missing, it seems. Could that be added too? I suspect I will be arriving by ferry to Varenna.

Best,
Lodewijk

On 9 June 2016 at 16:42, Iolanda Pensa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Journey/Airport_busses

Do we need to book? In advance, or at Wikimania?

If not, how can we be sure of having a place?

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing
http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

Re: transport - do you still need a ticket from the airport

Iolanda Pensa
The busses are meant for people who requested transport (eventbrite, scholarships and Wikimedia Foundation staff). If you did not requested direct transport, you can still buy a seat. we will post the remaining available seats on eventbrite you can buy (by Monday - i'll send you a notification here).

When there is written taxi, it is because we have less than 4 requests.

I thought this info was already available. I have posted it here https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Journey/Varenna_Esino_busses
@Andrew can you please post the info also in facebook? Thanks

Iolanda
--
Iolanda Pensa iPhone

Il giorno 09 giu 2016, alle ore 22:15, Lodewijk <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

btw, also for the other buses it would be good to know whether we need to book (guess not?).

Lodewijk

Also, the previous Eventbrite link to book tickets is password protected, and it asks to “Contact organizer.”

Thanks.
-Andrew

-Andrew Lih
Associate professor of journalism, American University
Email: [hidden email]
WEB: http://www.andrewlih.com
BOOK: The Wikipedia Revolution: http://www.wikipediarevolution.com
PROJECT: Wiki Makes Video http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Wiki_Makes_Video

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 2:30 PM, Iolanda Pensa <[hidden email]> wrote:
In the page you find Varenna-Esino and Esino-Varenna
please let me know if i did not understand the question.
iolanda

Il giorno 09/giu/2016, alle ore 19:36, Lodewijk <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

Thanks indeed. The schedule of the buses from Varenna to Esino Lario (going towards Wikimania) is missing, it seems. Could that be added too? I suspect I will be arriving by ferry to Varenna.

Best,
Lodewijk

On 9 June 2016 at 16:42, Iolanda Pensa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Journey/Airport_busses

Do we need to book? In advance, or at Wikimania?

If not, how can we be sure of having a place?

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing
http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

Re: transport - do you still need a ticket from the airport

Lodewijk
OK, I was originally assuming that the tickets would only be required for the buses from the airport, and that the buses from Varenna would be the 'regular buses' that go there always. I now understand that the schedule you posted is for private buses, and require advance booking.

Is this regular bus service schedule on leccotransporti.it up to date and valid? It gives some very similar times as the buses you mention.

My problem is that I'll be arriving from Lugano without fixed schedule, so I don't know exactly which bus I'll be able to get. But I'll try to schedule my trip accordingly..

Lodewijk

The busses are meant for people who requested transport (eventbrite, scholarships and Wikimedia Foundation staff). If you did not requested direct transport, you can still buy a seat. we will post the remaining available seats on eventbrite you can buy (by Monday - i'll send you a notification here).

When there is written taxi, it is because we have less than 4 requests.

I thought this info was already available. I have posted it here https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Journey/Varenna_Esino_busses
@Andrew can you please post the info also in facebook? Thanks

Iolanda
--
Iolanda Pensa iPhone

Il giorno 09 giu 2016, alle ore 22:15, Lodewijk <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

btw, also for the other buses it would be good to know whether we need to book (guess not?).

Lodewijk

Also, the previous Eventbrite link to book tickets is password protected, and it asks to “Contact organizer.”

Thanks.
-Andrew

-Andrew Lih
Associate professor of journalism, American University
Email: [hidden email]
WEB: http://www.andrewlih.com
BOOK: The Wikipedia Revolution: http://www.wikipediarevolution.com
PROJECT: Wiki Makes Video http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Wiki_Makes_Video

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 2:30 PM, Iolanda Pensa <[hidden email]> wrote:
In the page you find Varenna-Esino and Esino-Varenna
please let me know if i did not understand the question.
iolanda

Il giorno 09/giu/2016, alle ore 19:36, Lodewijk <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

Thanks indeed. The schedule of the buses from Varenna to Esino Lario (going towards Wikimania) is missing, it seems. Could that be added too? I suspect I will be arriving by ferry to Varenna.

Best,
Lodewijk

On 9 June 2016 at 16:42, Iolanda Pensa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Journey/Airport_busses

Do we need to book? In advance, or at Wikimania?

If not, how can we be sure of having a place?

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing
http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

Re: transport - do you still need a ticket from the airport

Andrew Lih-2
For the record, I’d be interested in the Thursday morning 11am service from Malpensa to Esino. I didn’t know where to sign up for these rides.

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 10:49 PM, Iolanda Pensa <[hidden email]> wrote:
The busses are meant for people who requested transport (eventbrite, scholarships and Wikimedia Foundation staff). If you did not requested direct transport, you can still buy a seat. we will post the remaining available seats on eventbrite you can buy (by Monday - i'll send you a notification here).

When there is written taxi, it is because we have less than 4 requests.

I thought this info was already available. I have posted it here https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Journey/Varenna_Esino_busses
@Andrew can you please post the info also in facebook? Thanks

Iolanda
--
Iolanda Pensa iPhone

Il giorno 09 giu 2016, alle ore 22:15, Lodewijk <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

btw, also for the other buses it would be good to know whether we need to book (guess not?).

Lodewijk

Also, the previous Eventbrite link to book tickets is password protected, and it asks to “Contact organizer.”

Thanks.
-Andrew

-Andrew Lih
Associate professor of journalism, American University
Email: [hidden email]
WEB: http://www.andrewlih.com
BOOK: The Wikipedia Revolution: http://www.wikipediarevolution.com
PROJECT: Wiki Makes Video http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Wiki_Makes_Video

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 2:30 PM, Iolanda Pensa <[hidden email]> wrote:
In the page you find Varenna-Esino and Esino-Varenna
please let me know if i did not understand the question.
iolanda

Il giorno 09/giu/2016, alle ore 19:36, Lodewijk <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

Thanks indeed. The schedule of the buses from Varenna to Esino Lario (going towards Wikimania) is missing, it seems. Could that be added too? I suspect I will be arriving by ferry to Varenna.

Best,
Lodewijk

On 9 June 2016 at 16:42, Iolanda Pensa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Journey/Airport_busses

Do we need to book? In advance, or at Wikimania?

If not, how can we be sure of having a place?

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing
http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

Re: transport - do you still need a ticket from the airport

Filip Maljković
On 06/10/2016 04:49 AM, Iolanda Pensa wrote:
The busses are meant for people who requested transport (eventbrite, scholarships and Wikimedia Foundation staff). If you did not requested direct transport, you can still buy a seat. we will post the remaining available seats on eventbrite you can buy (by Monday - i'll send you a notification here).

When there is written taxi, it is because we have less than 4 requests.
Well that's odd. Does that mean that less than 12 people are arriving to Malpensa on Thursday? I thought there would be more people arriving on the day before the conference starts...

Cheers,
Filip

Re: transport - do you still need a ticket from the airport

Ellie Young
I have asked the team to add another bus to the Linate schedule if at all possible, and some other changes per the WMF travel manifest for scholarships and staff.   So I think this schedule may  be updated in the future.  If not, it is pretty easy to grab a bus to the Milano Centrale train station and grab a train from there to Varenna/Esino.

Ellie Young
WMF Events Manager

​

Re: transport

Raul Kern

where can I book this pooled taxi from Malpensa to Esino Lario on June
23, at 11am?

--
Raul

>here it is
>https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Journey/Airport_busses ><https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Journey/Airport_busses>
>https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Journey/Varenna_Esino_busses ><https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Journey/Varenna_Esino_busses>
>
>You can access these pages from https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org>/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Journey <https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Journey>
>all the best
>iolanda

Re: transport

Andy Mabbett-2
Please can we have a reply to this, ASAP?

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing

Re: transport booking

Iolanda Pensa
dear all
to clarify, there are two kind of busses

1. busses from the airports to Esino (and viceversa). All people with a WMF scholarship, all WMF staff and all people who bought their airport transport have a seat on the busses. we made this timetable to accommodate the arrivals https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Journey/Airport_busses
Marta is preparing with Stuart Prior (who has the access) a registration system on eventbrite to buy the remaining seats. It will be available in a short time (meanwhile please have a look at the available times)
We might add another bus on Monday if needed to make sure everyone can get home.
Please note that we are managing as volunteers this service for your comfort, it is very very complicated and busses do not bloom in the grass but need to be reserved, organized and they cost 500 euro each - last minute services is impossible. We do our best to meet you needs but we will not be able to accommodate everyone’s preference. Please also consider to take and pay a taxi or urber if you have specific requests in particular from the airports to Esino.

2. busses from Varenna to Esino Lario (and viceversa)
We should have the definitive contract today and this is the expected schedule https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Journey/Varenna_Esino_busses
We are putting as many busses as possible on the schedule but there are limits due to the street (we are saturating it but we can not block it) and there are limits due to the schedule bus drivers can do. We are really sorry that you might have to wait for your bus, but you can reserve your seat on the next available bus once you arrive in Varenna and Varenna is indeed really beautiful: you can leave the luggage at the station and enjoy the place during the waiting time.
You do not need to reserve on eventbrite your ticket for Varenna Esino but you be able to get it once you are in Varenna or in Esino. Please note that you can get or reserve your return ticket in Varenna or Esino; it is a good idea to get it immediately or to think about it as soon as you can.

hope this clarifies how we set the busses. I am sorry that it takes time to confirm the schedule and if anyone wants to help in taking the reservations is more than welcome. I have to admit that no one is really queueing to get the job :)
iolanda