Quantcast

trip report: WWW2017 and Wikimedia Australia's visit

trip report: WWW2017 and Wikimedia Australia's visit

Leila Zia
Hi all,

I recently attended WWW2017 conference in Perth, Australia, and thanks to
the generosity of Wikimedia Australia folks, got a chance to spend some
time with them as well. I've written an informal trip report that will give
you some pointers to an excerpt of what I did while in Perth and the talks
and presentations I attended and learned from. If you are interested,
please read it at https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:LZia_(WMF
)/Trip_reports.

Best,
Leila

p.s. As I mentioned on top of the page linked above, I'm experimenting with
whether there is some use for writing these reports. On the one hand, I'd
like to share good presentations and papers that I learn from or the
research experiences I have with the rest of you, on the other hand, I
understand that many of you on this list attend quite a few conferences
every year and this information may be redundant. I'll monitor that page
for activity and will continue writing in the future if we see there is
some use for that content. :)

--
Leila Zia
Senior Research Scientist

Re: trip report: WWW2017 and Wikimedia Australia's visit

Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
(fixed link: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:LZia_(WMF)/Trip_reports )
I find these kinds of  highlights and summaries useful. Thanks, Leila!

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 6:06 PM, Leila Zia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I recently attended WWW2017 conference in Perth, Australia, and thanks to
> the generosity of Wikimedia Australia folks, got a chance to spend some
> time with them as well. I've written an informal trip report that will give
> you some pointers to an excerpt of what I did while in Perth and the talks
> and presentations I attended and learned from. If you are interested,
> please read it at https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:LZia_(WMF
> )/Trip_reports.
>
> Best,
> Leila
>
> p.s. As I mentioned on top of the page linked above, I'm experimenting with
> whether there is some use for writing these reports. On the one hand, I'd
> like to share good presentations and papers that I learn from or the
> research experiences I have with the rest of you, on the other hand, I
> understand that many of you on this list attend quite a few conferences
> every year and this information may be redundant. I'll monitor that page
> for activity and will continue writing in the future if we see there is
> some use for that content. :)
>
> --
> Leila Zia
> Senior Research Scientist