update of foundation wiki

Florence Devouard-2
Hi,

I was updating pages on the foundation wiki, and found the one dedicated
to Wikimania.
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Wikimania

The page is very outdated, since it is prior to wikimania 2006

Would it be possible for it to be updated, and to mention a little bit
of information on the next Wikimania in Taipei ? It would be great.

Thank you.

Anthere

Re: update of foundation wiki

Hsiang-Tai Chien
I also think it's great.

However, it seems no one in the Taipei team has an account on the foundation
wiki....

I think to have some intro text in there and redirect people to the
Wikimania 2007 website is enough?

H.T.

KIZU Naoko
In my opinion short intro will be the best, the pages on that website
tends to be forgotten.

Another thing we are better to think is from which [[Wikimania]] page
can be linked on the website. It seems almost orphaned now.

As for accounts,  I am happy to create account(s) necessary (but
please not here but on meta request page ;p) . I remember Alexsh was
interested in maintaining the website (some months ago?), without
further interaction. Alexsh, are you still interested in cleanup of
the website?

Generally I am afraid it is not a good idea to put a draft directly to
the website. I know there is another opinion, and sometimes I break
the norm by self, so I don't claim we should make a draft somewhere
else always, but generally drafting is better fit to meta in my
opinion. The Foundation website is almost isolated, I presume, but
anyway it is the official website of foundation; I don't think making
a draft on the website with redlinks, typos, etc as a proper usage of
that unless the update is in emergency or the people who have
knowledge enough write the content has almost no time (the current
edit surge is exactly that case; we are for now in very need of
reorganization with a tight schedule). Meta as backyard and kitchen is
better in my opinion, specially for us, non-native speakers of
English.

On 12/11/06, Hsiang-Tai Chien <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I also think it's great.
>
> However, it seems no one in the Taipei team has an account on the foundation
> wiki....
>
> I think to have some intro text in there and redirect people to the
> Wikimania 2007 website is enough?
>
> H.T.

KIZU Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org