use of the 'Help:' namespace

Roger_Chrisman
Hi,

I am creating site Help pages in my Mediawiki v1.5.6's 'Help:'
namespace.

I could put my Help pages under my 'Projectname:' namespace but I like
them in the more intuitive 'Help' namespace.  Is that a *bad* idea?

**I am worried** that future upgrades to Mediawiki may include their own
'Help:' files there that would collide with the ones I am making there
now (when I upgrade).

Anyone know if that is likely to ever really happen?

Thanks!

Roger :-)
TESOLW.org (on Mediawiki v1.5.6)

--
Roger Chrisman   (650) 387-4732   Palo Alto

Re: use of the 'Help:' namespace

Rob Church
If/when we get round to adding in a mechanism for populating the Help
namespace (and some content to go with it), I expect we'll be adding
in the usual checks to ensure that pages don't exist, or if so, that
the last editor was "MediaWiki default", prior to changing things.

Rob Church