utf-encoding problem after update

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

utf-encoding problem after update

m_ART_in
I did an update on my SMW

PHP: 5.6 -> 7.0.7

MW: 1.25 -> 1.27
SMW: 2.3.1 -> 2.4.1

and a minute ago I also update to the latest Semantic ResultFormats 2.4.

My DB: PostgreSQL 9.4.9

Since the update all UTF-8 charaters like ö/ä/ü in ask-queries are not
decoded correctly
e.g. "f\303\274r" instead "für"

this error occurs only in the result of queries. On the page itself the
title is correct.

I wonder if this is a PHP issue or a SMW bug?
Thank for help, Martin
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Semediawiki-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/semediawiki-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: utf-encoding problem after update

planetenxin
Hi m_ART_in,

we use the same software releases without issues. Sounds like a config
issue to me.

Which OS are you using?
Did you check your locale settings?
How did you install? Via FTP/SCP, shared folder, wget, composer, git
pull? Sometimes file encodings and line endings get's messed up when
your files get in touch with Windows OS...

/Alexander

Am 17.10.2016 um 11:11 schrieb m_ART_in:

> I did an update on my SMW
>
> PHP: 5.6 -> 7.0.7
>
> MW: 1.25 -> 1.27
> SMW: 2.3.1 -> 2.4.1
>
> and a minute ago I also update to the latest Semantic ResultFormats 2.4.
>
> My DB: PostgreSQL 9.4.9
>
> Since the update all UTF-8 charaters like ö/ä/ü in ask-queries are not
> decoded correctly
> e.g. "f\303\274r" instead "für"
>
> this error occurs only in the result of queries. On the page itself the
> title is correct.
>
> I wonder if this is a PHP issue or a SMW bug?
> Thank for help, Martin
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> _______________________________________________
> Semediawiki-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/semediawiki-user
>


--
________________________________________________
semantic::apps by gesinn.it
Business Applications with Semantic Mediawiki.
http://semantic-apps.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Semediawiki-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/semediawiki-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: utf-encoding problem after update

m_ART_in
Hi Alexander!

The Server runs on Open Suse. I have direct access on the server (no FTP)
Installtion was in a new folder (tar) and then copied extension, skins,
images into that new one. Localsettings, too. Run composer, run update.php,
run rebuildData.php
Everthing seems fine exception of special charcters in query-results.
Any suggestions?
Bye, Martin




2016-10-17 17:27 GMT+02:00 planetenxin <[hidden email]>:

> Hi m_ART_in,
>
> we use the same software releases without issues. Sounds like a config
> issue to me.
>
> Which OS are you using?
> Did you check your locale settings?
> How did you install? Via FTP/SCP, shared folder, wget, composer, git
> pull? Sometimes file encodings and line endings get's messed up when
> your files get in touch with Windows OS...
>
> /Alexander
>
> Am 17.10.2016 um 11:11 schrieb m_ART_in:
> > I did an update on my SMW
> >
> > PHP: 5.6 -> 7.0.7
> >
> > MW: 1.25 -> 1.27
> > SMW: 2.3.1 -> 2.4.1
> >
> > and a minute ago I also update to the latest Semantic ResultFormats 2.4.
> >
> > My DB: PostgreSQL 9.4.9
> >
> > Since the update all UTF-8 charaters like ö/ä/ü in ask-queries are not
> > decoded correctly
> > e.g. "f\303\274r" instead "für"
> >
> > this error occurs only in the result of queries. On the page itself the
> > title is correct.
> >
> > I wonder if this is a PHP issue or a SMW bug?
> > Thank for help, Martin
> > ------------------------------------------------------------
> ------------------
> > Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> > engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> > _______________________________________________
> > Semediawiki-user mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/semediawiki-user
> >
>
>
> --
> ________________________________________________
> semantic::apps by gesinn.it
> Business Applications with Semantic Mediawiki.
> http://semantic-apps.com
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> ------------------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> _______________________________________________
> Semediawiki-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/semediawiki-user
>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Semediawiki-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/semediawiki-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: utf-encoding problem after update

m_ART_in
Dear all!

Some updates but no solution about my problem...
What I did:
- run dumpBackup.php
- I checked the data in the XML-output. There were the nomal letters like
ä, ü, ß etc.
- copied the structure of my postgresql-DB
- deleted the DB
- created a new one
- recreated the structure
- run importDump.php
--> same error again: Special charaters look good, only the result of my
queries are messed up with utf-8 binary output like \303\244

To narrow the search I disable as many extension I could without any change.
Maybe a bug somewhere in the installed libraries? I have a huge list but
I'm not sure if I need all of them or if I forgot an important one:

composer/installers 1.2.0
composer/semver 1.4.2
cssjanus/cssjanus 1.1.2
data-values/common 0.3.1
data-values/data-types 0.5.2
data-values/data-values 1.0.0
data-values/geo 1.1.7
data-values/interfaces 0.2.2
data-values/validators 0.1.2
doctrine/instantiator 1.0.5
firebase/php-jwt 4.0.0
jakub-onderka/php-parallel-lint 0.9.2
jeroen/file-fetcher 3.1.0
jeroen/simple-cache 2.0.0
justinrainbow/json-schema 4.0.0
leafo/lessphp 0.5.0
liuggio/statsd-php-client 1.0.18
mediawiki/at-ease 1.1.0
mediawiki/mediawiki-codesniffer 0.7.2
mediawiki/parser-hooks 1.5.0
monolog/monolog 1.21.0
myclabs/deep-copy 1.5.4
nmred/kafka-php 0.1.5
onoi/blob-store 1.2.1
onoi/cache 1.2.0
onoi/callback-container 1.1.0
onoi/event-dispatcher 1.0.0
onoi/http-request 1.3.0
onoi/message-reporter 1.2.0
oojs/oojs-ui 0.17.10
opine/lightncandy 1.0.0
oyejorge/less.php 1.7.0.10
param-processor/param-processor 1.3.1
pear/console_getopt 1.4.1
pear/mail_mime 1.10.0
pear/pear-core-minimal 1.10.1
pear/pear_exception 1.0.0
phpdocumentor/reflection-common 1.0
phpdocumentor/reflection-docblock 3.1.1
phpdocumentor/type-resolver 0.2
phpspec/prophecy 1.6.1
phpunit/php-code-coverage 4.0.1
phpunit/php-file-iterator 1.4.1
phpunit/php-text-template 1.2.1
phpunit/php-timer 1.0.8
phpunit/php-token-stream 1.4.8
phpunit/phpunit 5.6.1
phpunit/phpunit-mock-objects 3.4.0
psr/log 1.0.2
ruflin/elastica 3.2.3
sebastian/code-unit-reverse-lookup 1.0.0
sebastian/comparator 1.2.0
sebastian/diff 1.4.1
sebastian/environment 1.3.8
sebastian/exporter 1.2.2
sebastian/global-state 1.1.1
sebastian/object-enumerator 1.0.0
sebastian/recursion-context 1.0.2
sebastian/resource-operations 1.0.0
sebastian/version 2.0.0
serialization/serialization 3.2.1
squizlabs/php_codesniffer 2.6.0
symfony/process 3.1.5
symfony/yaml 3.1.5
webmozart/assert 1.1.0
wikimedia/assert 0.2.2
wikimedia/base-convert 1.0.1
wikimedia/cdb 1.4.1
wikimedia/cldr-plural-rule-parser 1.0.0
wikimedia/composer-merge-plugin 1.3.1
wikimedia/html-formatter 1.0.1
wikimedia/php-session-serializer 1.0.4
wikimedia/relpath 1.0.3
wikimedia/running-stat 1.1.0
wikimedia/scoped-callback 1.0.0
wikimedia/textcat 1.1.3
wikimedia/utfnormal 1.1.0
wikimedia/wait-condition-loop 1.0.1
wikimedia/wrappedstring 2.2.0
zordius/lightncandy 0.95

All the best, Martin

2016-10-18 8:55 GMT+02:00 m_ART_in <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Alexander!
>
> The Server runs on Open Suse. I have direct access on the server (no FTP)
> Installtion was in a new folder (tar) and then copied extension, skins,
> images into that new one. Localsettings, too. Run composer, run update.php,
> run rebuildData.php
> Everthing seems fine exception of special charcters in query-results.
> Any suggestions?
> Bye, Martin
>
>
>
>
> 2016-10-17 17:27 GMT+02:00 planetenxin <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Hi m_ART_in,
>>
>> we use the same software releases without issues. Sounds like a config
>> issue to me.
>>
>> Which OS are you using?
>> Did you check your locale settings?
>> How did you install? Via FTP/SCP, shared folder, wget, composer, git
>> pull? Sometimes file encodings and line endings get's messed up when
>> your files get in touch with Windows OS...
>>
>> /Alexander
>>
>> Am 17.10.2016 um 11:11 schrieb m_ART_in:
>> > I did an update on my SMW
>> >
>> > PHP: 5.6 -> 7.0.7
>> >
>> > MW: 1.25 -> 1.27
>> > SMW: 2.3.1 -> 2.4.1
>> >
>> > and a minute ago I also update to the latest Semantic ResultFormats 2.4.
>> >
>> > My DB: PostgreSQL 9.4.9
>> >
>> > Since the update all UTF-8 charaters like ö/ä/ü in ask-queries are not
>> > decoded correctly
>> > e.g. "f\303\274r" instead "für"
>> >
>> > this error occurs only in the result of queries. On the page itself the
>> > title is correct.
>> >
>> > I wonder if this is a PHP issue or a SMW bug?
>> > Thank for help, Martin
>> > ------------------------------------------------------------
>> ------------------
>> > Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
>> > engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > Semediawiki-user mailing list
>> > [hidden email]
>> > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/semediawiki-user
>> >
>>
>>
>> --
>> ________________________________________________
>> semantic::apps by gesinn.it
>> Business Applications with Semantic Mediawiki.
>> http://semantic-apps.com
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------
>> ------------------
>> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
>> engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
>> _______________________________________________
>> Semediawiki-user mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/semediawiki-user
>>
>
>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Semediawiki-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/semediawiki-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: utf-encoding problem after update

m_ART_in
Dear all!

James did a great fix on my problem. Here is his solution:


> I back-ported this to the 2.4.x branch which you may pull via git. I
> asked other members to prepare a 2.4.2 release [1] (which would
> include the fix) but nothing has happened so far and I'm preoccupied
> which prevents me from driving this task.


See [2].

[0] https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/commit/
6804e6850fd6d071ae57a9526a125a5525d8ba8c

[1] https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/issues/1751

[2] https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/issues/1823#
issuecomment-245658145

Thanks again, Martin
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Semediawiki-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/semediawiki-user