various concerns about help

jdd

various concerns about help

jdd
*a centralisez mediawiki help page should be very usefull.
For example, I found two FAQs (mediawiki and meta) and
various doc.

*the mediawiki search box is almost unusable. google
site:<wikisite> is much better. Why is the search engine so bad?

thanks
jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net

Re: various concerns about help

Brion Vibber
jdd wrote:
> *a centralisez mediawiki help page should be very usefull.
> For example, I found two FAQs (mediawiki and meta) and
> various doc.

It's a wiki; are you interested in helping to clean them up?

> *the mediawiki search box is almost unusable. google
> site:<wikisite> is much better. Why is the search engine so bad?

At the moment the search index updates only periodically. This will be improved
in future.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

jdd

Brion Vibber wrote:
> jdd wrote:
>> *a centralisez mediawiki help page should be very usefull.
>> For example, I found two FAQs (mediawiki and meta) and
>> various doc.
>
> It's a wiki; are you interested in helping to clean them up?

I'm the sysop of http://fr.opensuse.org

already a heavy load and it need me at least for 3/4 month
ahead. after that why not. mediawiki is a really nice thing :-)

>> *the mediawiki search box is almost unusable. google
>> site:<wikisite> is much better. Why is the search engine so bad?
>
> At the moment the search index updates only periodically. This will be improved
> in future.

is it possible to do this via cron job? I could ask the admin

thanks
jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net