various semantic properties related isssues

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

various semantic properties related isssues

David Schor-2
Hi everyone,

We're a bunch of small problems so I'm reaching out to see if it's
something we're doing or if those are indeed bugs.

First of all, our site is https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/ so you can check
those issues on our live software.

Our website runs MediaWiki 1.28.1, Semantic MediaWiki 2.5.0, and Semantic
Result Formats 2.4.2, among many other extensions you can just see here
https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/Special:Version

Note that we have the following set:

$wgCapitalLinks = false;
$wgNamespacesWithSubpages[NS_MAIN] = true;
$wgNamespacesWithSubpages[NS_TEMPLATE] = true;

Which we use extensively as our wiki is uses an hierarchy organization.

Our first issue involves forms on subpages. While "Save page" and "Show
changes" works just fine, the "Show preview" interestingly enough puts the
template in the parent page. So if our page is "AA/BB/CC", hitting "Show
preview" actually places the template at the top of "AA". It's easiest to
see it in action. If you visit the page
https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/intel/core_i7/i7-7700k and hit the "[Edit
Cache Info]" link which takes you to the appropriate Special:FormEdit link
just click the "Show preview" button. It actually takes the template and
appends it to the top of our "intel" article instead. Is this something
we're doing? or is this indeed a bug?

A second issue we're having is it appears that within the Property
namespace, Semantic Mediawiki no longer respects $wgCapitalLinks and
automatically tries to uppercase the first letter which of course results
in a property that does not exist. For example on our website we have a
property called "Property:wikidata id". Now when we try to use it (for
example here https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/Property:founded) it doesn't
recognizes it as a property and in the 'Facts Box' at the bottom you can
see it in red listed as "Wikidata id" (note the uppercase 'W').

A third issue we're having seems to be similar to the one above. We have a
form where I'm trying to autocomplete values from a property or a category
(for example "values from property=name" for "Property:name"). A problem
we're facing is that it's not autocompleting. You can see this in action
here https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/Special:RunQuery/Microprocessor_Comparison
where we're using "{{{field|mpu_list|input type=tokens|values from
property=name}}}".  It should be noted that when we use "values from
namespace=Main" the auto-complete works fine so is this a bug related to
lowercase property name?

In addition to that issue, I have a general question regarding
{{{field}}}s. Can I specify something like "values from category=XXX" but
specify that I want a specific property value (i.e. value from a specific
property but only for articles form a specific category)? or is that not
possible?

Thank you,
David
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Semediawiki-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/semediawiki-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: various semantic properties related isssues

James HK
Hi,

> Our website runs MediaWiki 1.28.1, Semantic MediaWiki 2.5.0, and Semantic
> Result Formats 2.4.2, among many other extensions you can just see here
> https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/Special:Version

Thanks for the information and as for:

> Our first issue involves forms on subpages. While "Save page" and "Show
> changes" works just fine, the "Show preview" interestingly enough puts the
> template in the parent page. So if our page is "AA/BB/CC", hitting "Show
> preview" actually places the template at the top of "AA". It's easiest to

This question or issue relates to the PageForms extension and might be
better placed to [0].

> A second issue we're having is it appears that within the Property
> namespace, Semantic Mediawiki no longer respects $wgCapitalLinks and
> automatically tries to uppercase the first letter which of course results
> in a property that does not exist. For example on our website we have a
> property called "Property:wikidata id". Now when we try to use it (for

This is indeed a regression that only appears in the Property
namespace, using a lowercase property (let's say "founded") on a non
property page should not create any issue. I have an idea as to where
the issue has its root cause but since I need to write some tests for
this it is not going to happen before the weekend and with Karsten
planning to release 2.5.2 this week, any fix would need to go into
2.5.3.

I'd appreciate if you could create an issue at [1].

> A third issue we're having seems to be similar to the one above. We have a
> form where I'm trying to autocomplete values from a property or a category
> (for example "values from property=name" for "Property:name"). A problem

Again, this relates to the PageForms extension [0] and with the
autocomplete function being entirely independent [2] from SMW core, I
cannot see any connection to SMW at this point.

[0] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Page_Forms
[1] https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/
[2] https://github.com/enterprisemediawiki/meza/issues/615#issuecomment-298688982

Cheers

On 5/16/17, David Schor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> We're a bunch of small problems so I'm reaching out to see if it's
> something we're doing or if those are indeed bugs.
>
> First of all, our site is https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/ so you can check
> those issues on our live software.
>
> Our website runs MediaWiki 1.28.1, Semantic MediaWiki 2.5.0, and Semantic
> Result Formats 2.4.2, among many other extensions you can just see here
> https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/Special:Version
>
> Note that we have the following set:
>
> $wgCapitalLinks = false;
> $wgNamespacesWithSubpages[NS_MAIN] = true;
> $wgNamespacesWithSubpages[NS_TEMPLATE] = true;
>
> Which we use extensively as our wiki is uses an hierarchy organization.
>
> Our first issue involves forms on subpages. While "Save page" and "Show
> changes" works just fine, the "Show preview" interestingly enough puts the
> template in the parent page. So if our page is "AA/BB/CC", hitting "Show
> preview" actually places the template at the top of "AA". It's easiest to
> see it in action. If you visit the page
> https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/intel/core_i7/i7-7700k and hit the "[Edit
> Cache Info]" link which takes you to the appropriate Special:FormEdit link
> just click the "Show preview" button. It actually takes the template and
> appends it to the top of our "intel" article instead. Is this something
> we're doing? or is this indeed a bug?
>
> A second issue we're having is it appears that within the Property
> namespace, Semantic Mediawiki no longer respects $wgCapitalLinks and
> automatically tries to uppercase the first letter which of course results
> in a property that does not exist. For example on our website we have a
> property called "Property:wikidata id". Now when we try to use it (for
> example here https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/Property:founded) it doesn't
> recognizes it as a property and in the 'Facts Box' at the bottom you can
> see it in red listed as "Wikidata id" (note the uppercase 'W').
>
> A third issue we're having seems to be similar to the one above. We have a
> form where I'm trying to autocomplete values from a property or a category
> (for example "values from property=name" for "Property:name"). A problem
> we're facing is that it's not autocompleting. You can see this in action
> here
> https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/Special:RunQuery/Microprocessor_Comparison
> where we're using "{{{field|mpu_list|input type=tokens|values from
> property=name}}}".  It should be noted that when we use "values from
> namespace=Main" the auto-complete works fine so is this a bug related to
> lowercase property name?
>
> In addition to that issue, I have a general question regarding
> {{{field}}}s. Can I specify something like "values from category=XXX" but
> specify that I want a specific property value (i.e. value from a specific
> property but only for articles form a specific category)? or is that not
> possible?
>
> Thank you,
> David
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> _______________________________________________
> Semediawiki-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/semediawiki-user
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Semediawiki-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/semediawiki-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: various semantic properties related isssues

Yaron Koren-2
In reply to this post by David Schor-2
Hi David,

Yes, three of those four questions seem to be about Page Forms, not
Semantic MediaWiki. You can ask about Page Forms on this mailing list, but
it's better to put questions about different questions in separate emails.

To answer your Page Forms questions: #1 and #3 do seem to be bugs, and I
believe I've just checked in fixes to both - if you get the latest version
of the code via Git, hopefully both problems will be fixed.

As to your last question: unfortunately, there's no way to get the values
of a property coming from a specific category. What you can do instead is
have different property names, i.e. different properties, for each such
category.

-Yaron

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 10:56 PM, David Schor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> We're a bunch of small problems so I'm reaching out to see if it's
> something we're doing or if those are indeed bugs.
>
> First of all, our site is https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/ so you can check
> those issues on our live software.
>
> Our website runs MediaWiki 1.28.1, Semantic MediaWiki 2.5.0, and Semantic
> Result Formats 2.4.2, among many other extensions you can just see here
> https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/Special:Version
>
> Note that we have the following set:
>
> $wgCapitalLinks = false;
> $wgNamespacesWithSubpages[NS_MAIN] = true;
> $wgNamespacesWithSubpages[NS_TEMPLATE] = true;
>
> Which we use extensively as our wiki is uses an hierarchy organization.
>
> Our first issue involves forms on subpages. While "Save page" and "Show
> changes" works just fine, the "Show preview" interestingly enough puts the
> template in the parent page. So if our page is "AA/BB/CC", hitting "Show
> preview" actually places the template at the top of "AA". It's easiest to
> see it in action. If you visit the page
> https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/intel/core_i7/i7-7700k and hit the "[Edit
> Cache Info]" link which takes you to the appropriate Special:FormEdit link
> just click the "Show preview" button. It actually takes the template and
> appends it to the top of our "intel" article instead. Is this something
> we're doing? or is this indeed a bug?
>
> A second issue we're having is it appears that within the Property
> namespace, Semantic Mediawiki no longer respects $wgCapitalLinks and
> automatically tries to uppercase the first letter which of course results
> in a property that does not exist. For example on our website we have a
> property called "Property:wikidata id". Now when we try to use it (for
> example here https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/Property:founded) it doesn't
> recognizes it as a property and in the 'Facts Box' at the bottom you can
> see it in red listed as "Wikidata id" (note the uppercase 'W').
>
> A third issue we're having seems to be similar to the one above. We have a
> form where I'm trying to autocomplete values from a property or a category
> (for example "values from property=name" for "Property:name"). A problem
> we're facing is that it's not autocompleting. You can see this in action
> here https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/Special:RunQuery/Microprocessor
> _Comparison
> where we're using "{{{field|mpu_list|input type=tokens|values from
> property=name}}}".  It should be noted that when we use "values from
> namespace=Main" the auto-complete works fine so is this a bug related to
> lowercase property name?
>
> In addition to that issue, I have a general question regarding
> {{{field}}}s. Can I specify something like "values from category=XXX" but
> specify that I want a specific property value (i.e. value from a specific
> property but only for articles form a specific category)? or is that not
> possible?
>
> Thank you,
> David
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> ------------------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> _______________________________________________
> Semediawiki-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/semediawiki-user
>



--
WikiWorks · MediaWiki Consulting · http://wikiworks.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Semediawiki-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/semediawiki-user