want to disable "Project:" redirect

Sterling D. Allan
I would like to create a preface "Project:" for projects on our site, but I notice that mediawiki automatically renames them "PESWiki:"

How do I disable this?

Thanks

Sterling
http://peswiki.com

Re: want to disable "Project:" redirect

Brion Vibber
Sterling D. Allan wrote:
> I would like to create a preface "Project:" for projects on our site, but I notice that mediawiki automatically renames them "PESWiki:"
>
> How do I disable this?

Hack up a lot of code so it'll be broken.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Re: want to disable "Project:" redirect

Rob Church
"Project" is an internal name for the project or meta namespace, which
is converted to the canonical namespace name. I suppose, to avoid
this, you could use the project namespace and rename it to "Project"
using the $wgMetaNamespace directive in LocalSettings.php.

Rob Church

On 20/02/06, Sterling D. Allan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to create a preface "Project:" for projects on our site, but I notice that mediawiki automatically renames them "PESWiki:"
>
> How do I disable this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Sterling
> http://peswiki.com

Re: want to disable "Project:" redirect

Sterling D. Allan
Hi Rob,

I'm not seeing a "$wgMetaNamespace" in LocalSettings.php

Is it in <root> or /skins?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "you could use the project namespace and
rename it to "Project"
using the $wgMetaNamespace directive in LocalSettings.php."

Thanks

"Project" is an internal name for the project or meta namespace, which
is converted to the canonical namespace name. I suppose, to avoid
this, you could use the project namespace and rename it to "Project"
using the $wgMetaNamespace directive in LocalSettings.php.

Rob Church

On 20/02/06, Sterling D. Allan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to create a preface "Project:" for projects on our site, but
> I notice that mediawiki automatically renames them "PESWiki:"
>
> How do I disable this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Sterling
> http://peswiki.com

Re: want to disable "Project:" redirect

Rob Church
Assuming the advice I gave earlier was correct, and I'm not sure it
is, in light of Brion's comments; you could set $wgMetaNamespace in
LocalSettings.php.

It won't be there unless it's been added before. As I say, I doubt it
*will* work, given what Brion said, but there you go.