warning: T-shirt bleeds color

Asaf Bartov-2
Hullo.

I have discovered that the Wikimania 2016 T-shirt bleeds its lovely color quite liberally, so I recommend you hand-wash it or wash it separately for the first few times, until it stops, if you don't want your other clothes to gain a new hue. :)

   A.
--
    Asaf Bartov
    Wikimedia Foundation

Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality!

Re: warning: T-shirt bleeds color

Reem Al-Kashif
Hand-washed mine and the water turned blue.

On 15 July 2016 at 23:00, Joseph Fox <[hidden email]> wrote:
Likewise, I've had no issue with this. Though it's usually washed on a low temperature which might be a factor?

On Fri, 15 Jul 2016 at 20:32 Ilario Valdelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
:D

On 15/Lug/2016 21.26.35, Asaf Bartov wrote:
Hullo.

I have discovered that the Wikimania 2016 T-shirt bleeds its lovely color quite liberally, so I recommend you hand-wash it or wash it separately for the first few times, until it stops, if you don't want your other clothes to gain a new hue. :)

   A.
--
    Asaf Bartov
    Wikimedia Foundation

Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality!

Kind regards,
Reem Al-Kashif

Re: warning: T-shirt bleeds color

Ivan Martínez
Washed two times and no color :)

[...]

Iván Martínez
Presidente - Wikimedia México A.C.
User:ProtoplasmaKid

// Mis comunicaciones respecto a Wikipedia/Wikimedia pueden tener una moratoria en su atención debido a que es un voluntariado.
// Ayuda a proteger a Wikipedia, dona ahora: https://donate.wikimedia.org

Re: warning: T-shirt bleeds color

Jonathan Cardy
It's at this point that I think I should reveal a little experiment that was done with the Tshirts for Wikimania London.

Every 7th Tshirt was a special lucky Tshirt infused with the spirit of London to bring extra luck to the wearer.

Sometime we should run a longitudinal study into their effectiveness

WSC

On 15 July 2016 at 21:24, Asaf Bartov <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

James Alexander-4
I'm now left envisioning exactly what you did to infuse it with the spirit of London.....

James Alexander
Manager
Trust & Safety
Wikimedia Foundation
(415) 839-6885 x6716 @jamesofur

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 2:00 PM, WereSpielChequers <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Tomasz Ganicz
US washing powders norms and US standard washing cycles are quite different than the European ones. US powders usually contains more detergents, and the washing machines use hot tap water. EU norms forbid to use machines for hot tap water, and  force to use low amount of detergents, so washing is done at lower temperature and with lower amount of detergents, but takes much longer.

That might be an explanation for this mystery, as the pigments used for coloring fabrics in EU are tested according to EU washing norms.

[...]

Chris Keating-2

I'm now left envisioning exactly what you did to infuse it with the spirit of London.....

There is an elaborate ritual involving teabags, warm beer and the river Thames which we hold at the National Portrait Gallery* every midsummers' eve. Any true Freeman of the City of London will tell you the same.

Chris

*which is why there are no photos of it on Commons