wfLocalFile($arg) and file uploads

Alline, Matt
Does anyone know where to find the method wfLocalFile($arg)? I've tried
to grep for the method but I've not gotten anything but calls to the
method. I'm still new to php and mediawiki development so I may be
looking in the wrong place.

The overlying problem:

I am currently working on a new extension that aims to allow users to
upload a document (doc, docx, odf,...) and convert that document to
wikitext server side. I've gotten other major components of this already
worked out. I am currently hung up trying to upload the file (possibly
using the UploadForm) while using mediawiki's existing validations. I do
not want to use the current base UploadForm to store the document in the
current architecture for a few reasons. I have already tried to capture
the temp file created by php before calling processUpload but it seems
the file gets cleaned up before I can grab it.

I could write the the extension to handle the upload as you normally
would in php, but again, I would like to use some of the existing
validations.

Thanks ahead of time,

Matt Alline
Application Developer II, HGDC

BearingPoint
Management & Technology Consultants

5912 Highway 49
Suite H1
Hattiesburg, MS 39401
USA

T + 1 601 584 1532
F + 1 601 584 0852

www.bearingpoint.com

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. Access to this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, any attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.

Re: wfLocalFile($arg) and file uploads

Bugzilla from andrew@epstone.net
On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 1:42 AM, Alline, Matt
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does anyone know where to find the method wfLocalFile($arg)? I've tried
> to grep for the method but I've not gotten anything but calls to the
> method. I'm still new to php and mediawiki development so I may be
> looking in the wrong place.

[andrew@gcentral_router wm-svn-working]$ grep -ir 'function
wfLocalFile' phase3/includes
phase3/includes/GlobalFunctions.php:function wfLocalFile( $title ) {

--
Andrew Garrett

Re: wfLocalFile($arg) and file uploads

Alline, Matt
Thanks, I must of not been in the correct dir when I ran grep.

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does anyone know where to find the method wfLocalFile($arg)? I've tried
> to grep for the method but I've not gotten anything but calls to the
> method. I'm still new to php and mediawiki development so I may be
> looking in the wrong place.

[andrew@gcentral_router wm-svn-working]$ grep -ir 'function
wfLocalFile' phase3/includes
phase3/includes/GlobalFunctions.php:function wfLocalFile( $title ) {

--
Andrew Garrett

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. Access to this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, any attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.

Re: wfLocalFile($arg) and file uploads

Chad
On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 9:56 AM, Alline, Matt
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> Thanks, I must of not been in the correct dir when I ran grep.
>
> Matt Alline
> Application Developer II, HGDC
>
> BearingPoint
> Management & Technology Consultants
>
> 5912 Highway 49
> Suite H1
> Hattiesburg, MS 39401
> USA
>
> T + 1 601 584 1532
> F + 1 601 584 0852
>
> www.bearingpoint.com

On a side note, the Upload code has been partially reworked, UploadForm
just doesn't use the UploadFrom* code yet. Bryan was working on that, but
he's been busy (and no one else has taken up his work yet). To get a general
idea of where that is going, checkout UploadBase and UploadFrom(Url|Upload|
Stash) in ~/includes.

-Chad