$wg

Roger_Chrisman
What does wg, in mediawiki configuration variable names, stand for?

I will guess 'w' stands for 'wiki'. True? Then what does 'g' stand for?

Thanks,

Roger :-)

Re: $wg

Thomas Gries
Roger Chrisman schrieb:
> What does wg, in mediawiki configuration variable names, stand for?
>

> I will guess 'w' stands for 'wiki'. True? Then what does 'g' stand for?
Wikipedia
Global
(switch)

Re: $wg

Angela-5
On 3/17/06, Roger Chrisman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> What does wg, in mediawiki configuration variable names, stand for?

wg stands for Wikipedia Global. See
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wg_variable for more information.

Angela

Sidebar page, where?

Helge H. Forstner
Hello,

I read the "help Navigation Bar Page".

It is mentioned I should edit: "MediaWiki:Sidebar page".

On MediaWiki I got it.

But where do I find this page or file on my system?
I did the same search as on MediaWiki but with no result on my pages.

I also searched through all files but couldn't find anything.

I'm using a complete new installation of 1.5.7

rgds
Harry Forstner

Re: Sidebar page, where?

Jan-62
> It is mentioned I should edit: "MediaWiki:Sidebar page".

No, the correct Page is: "MediaWiki:Sidebar"

Re: Sidebar page, where?

Rob Church
1. Open up wiki
2. Locate search box
3. Enter "MediaWiki:Sidebar" in search box
4. Hit "Go"

Rob Church

On 18/03/06, Jan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > It is mentioned I should edit: "MediaWiki:Sidebar page".
>
> No, the correct Page is: "MediaWiki:Sidebar"

Re: Sidebar page, where?

Helge H. Forstner
Hi Rob,

thanks for your help

> 3. Enter "MediaWiki:Sidebar" in search box
> 4. Hit "Go"

Thats it.

I had hit "search" and the page wasn't found. What is the difference between
"Go" and "Search"?

Now I get the englisch "Sidebar" page.

What is the name of the german sidebar?

I tried words like "Seitenleiste" but no help.

regards
Harry Forstner

Re: Sidebar page, where?

Jan-62
> What is the name of the german sidebar?
> I tried words like "Seitenleiste" but no help.

Auch in einer deutschen Installation bleibts bei den englischen Bezeichnungen.

Du schriebst allerdings, dass DU nach "MediaWiki:Sidebar page" gesucht hast.
Probiere es nochmals, aber ohne das 'page'. Also NUR  "MediaWiki:Sidebar" (ohne
Anführungszeichen).