wiki response time too long

L K

wiki response time too long

L K
Hi,

We have installed the wiki page on one linux server, and the database on
another windows machine. Everytime the wiki needs to retrieve contents from
the remote database. The response time is tooooo long, we can't bear with
it anymore.

I noticed there are some softwares for php caching. However, we don't have
administrator's rights on the linux server. Is there any other caching
program that can be installed by a regular user?

Thanks
Roy

Re: wiki response time too long

Brion Vibber
L K wrote:
> We have installed the wiki page on one linux server, and the database on
> another windows machine. Everytime the wiki needs to retrieve contents from
> the remote database. The response time is tooooo long, we can't bear with
> it anymore.
>
> I noticed there are some softwares for php caching. However, we don't have
> administrator's rights on the linux server. Is there any other caching
> program that can be installed by a regular user?

Have your IT department or whoever _does_ have administrator rights configure
the machine properly. Remember, that's their job. :)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

L K

Re: wiki response time too long

L K